Charger, Roadrunner & Superbee Talk Charger (pre-1975). Coronet, Roadrunner and Superbee (& other 'B' bodies) specific topics within.

question about Charger resto project

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2005, 12:31 AM
SubyGuy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default question about Charger resto project

I'm looking to start a Charger (circa 1971) restoration project after I do a few more things to my WRX. I know total costs will vary depending on what I do to the car, and how much the car itself costs, but I was wondering what I can expect to spend total. Keep in mind I'm just looking for a fun project....I'm not building a show car...just something with some power, that maybe I'll take to a rally-x for the hell of it once or twice. Thanks.

Old 08-10-2005, 12:34 AM
SubyGuy
Default RE: question about Charger resto project

sorry, I forgot to add this in the original post, but I was wondering what is a good price range for an kind of beat up charger (1971 or around there obviously). I dont want one thats just a beat up body with no engine and not tranny, just something that isnt in great shape, and runs a little rough maybe. Thanks again.

Old 08-10-2005, 11:09 AM
TeeWJay426
Record Breaker
Default RE: question about Charger resto project

You didn't say where you are located; that would have a bearing on the amount of rust that exists in any of the cars you might find. It also depends a lot on how the car is equipped. A low option 318 car could be had for 3-4 grand easily, but a well optioned R/T complete and in need of restoration could run up to 15K, or even more for the rarer examples. You need to get a better focus on what you're after before you can determine much else. Probably best to establish your operating budget first, then determine from that what you can get in the way of a car. You could do your budget a big favor by expanding your horizons to the other 3rd gen year Chargers also ('72-'74), as they can generally be bought cheaper initially than the '71's can.

Quick Reply: question about Charger resto project