Charger, Roadrunner & Superbee Talk Charger (pre-1975). Coronet, Roadrunner and Superbee (& other 'B' bodies) specific topics within.

71 beeper center console

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2004, 07:13 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: 71 beeper center console

Sounds like some great ideas. I would definately pull the 383 and save it, they weren't made very long and they are not the easiest things to find. I have a basket case 440 that I intend to build up for some real fun. I will be using the Edlebrock Performer RPM alumnium heads on it and I would love to put on a nice big blower, I would need to hack up another hood for that though. I also want to rollerize the whole thing and pump up the torque as much as possible. Theres so much stuff I would love to do and not much money or time in which to do it. I use to want to go 100% #'s matching perfect restoration on it, but since I will never part with it(this IS my 1st car), I might as well enjoy it to it's fullest. I do not know the exact horsepower of mine, but I don't think it puts out as much as yours at the wheels. I have the original 3.23:1 Sure Grip under mine and it would more than destroy the 150 MPH speedo. The '73 400 HP that was in it got it up to 145 MPH with plenty of pedal left to go still before I backed out of it, the nose use to set up higher than the rear and the wind was shaking the **** out of it and it didn't feel very safe. Now that the nose is back about where it belongs and it has a nice healthy 440, I would love to see how fast it would go.[sm=smiley15.gif][sm=smiley17.gif]But thats for when I was young and dumb, I'm not gonna jepordize possibly loosing my Roadrunner just to see how fast it will go, besides I would need a higher speedo.[sm=smiley36.gif]However, if I could find a nice open unpoliced area that is long enough, then it's on big time![sm=smiley20.gif]

The best headers that I know of are either the Hooker Super Comp or the Tube Technologies headers(TTI), the TTI's have the easiest access to all the bolts, plugs and the starter.[sm=smiley2.gif]

Old 04-04-2004, 12:54 PM
banshee
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dude ...we think alike. I used to race mine at the track. Seeing as how owner #2 set it up to do just that I figured why not. on more than one occasion she got a little squirrely out of the hole shot and I nearlt put her in the wall. Talk about what a pain in the **** it would be to find good sheet metal for fixing! So even though mine has all that horsepower .....I will never again open her up wide ....unless I find myself on one of those lonely straignt desert roads out in Arizona or New Mexico that go like a drag track for miles and miles and miles! LOL My car came with the 3:91 gears but I have since put in a nice set of safe 3:23s for better street crusing. And you are sooooo right about the 383. Since Mopar began making crate Hemi's again ...hemi clone cars are everywhere. To find a good 383 car is getting harder every year and an encounter with the definitve road runner engine is getting the be very few and far between! I will without a doubt never part with mine if I do Max Wedge her.

Old 04-05-2004, 09:14 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It use to be that my Roadrunner was not the only one at the local car shows, but for the past 3 years mine has been the only one at all but 3 or 4 of the shows.[sm=smiley13.gif]In a way I like it and in a way I don't. I would love to get the 528 Hemi crate engine for mine and then put a blower on that.[sm=smiley4.gif][sm=smiley2.gif]

Quick Reply: 71 beeper center console