Charger, Roadrunner & Superbee Talk Charger (pre-1975). Coronet, Roadrunner and Superbee (& other 'B' bodies) specific topics within.

71 beeper center console

Old 03-26-2004, 11:48 PM
banshee
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 71 beeper center console

I am installing a factory center console with slap shifter in my 71 beeper. I have everything except the console mounting brackets which were welded to the center hump. If anyone has a set ( cut fron the car ) that they'd like to part with or if anyone can provide close up photos and/or measurements for the purpose of fabrication please let me know. I would very grateful.

[IMG]local://upfiles/2902/Hf104110699.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-26-2004, 11:52 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member
Default RE: 71 beeper center console

You lucky dog...I loved my Beeper, hope you get what you are looking for.

Old 03-27-2004, 09:50 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you can wait and don't mind a bit of a drive, the Chrysler Classics are here in Columbus Ohio in May. The details are listed on our DF calendar.

Old 03-27-2004, 06:44 PM
banshee
Professional

In May I'll be down at the Jersey Shore for the NJHRA annual spring 'Cruzin the Boards' carshow in Wildwood and at the Ocean City, Maryland show the week after that. I was kinda hopeing to have it done and installed before the end of April ....but if I have to wait ....I'll be Carlise bound this July!

Old 03-28-2004, 03:40 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend

Love your Roadrunner by the way.[sm=smiley20.gif]Trying to find parts for a '71 or '72 is damn near impossible since they are so different than the previous years and because they had changed between those years as well. Thankfully the interior parts between Dodge and Plymouth were pretty much the same. Good luck.

Old 04-01-2004, 08:03 PM
banshee
Professional

Thanks 71RR. Yours is saaaa-weeet too. Too bad we don't live closer together ...we could go terrorize some of these younger kids and there rice rockets! Todays kids have no idea what a real muscle car is. Back in my high school days we used to drag race behind JFK stadium up in Philly or on Bartram Avenue down by the airport. The place was always wall to wall rumbling, high compression, bad to the bone American V8s! That is until the cops showed up!

Is yours tawny gold metallic or curious yellow? I cant really tell from the photo.

Old 04-02-2004, 03:17 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend

YESSS!!! I love that idea. I don't get the Roadrunner out very often, mostly on nice weekends to and from shows. It's not in the shape I want it, but time will make it happen. I do enjoy rumblin' around in it, but I never get to put hardly any ricers in their place with it. They're never in the right place at the right time, but there was one I had big fun smokin'. It was a Civic hatchback with a vanity plate and a "Forced Induction Industries" banner on the back glass as well as the usual coffee can muffler. I was behind this dung heap until the traffic went from normal to freeway and I got enough room in the lane next to us and thats all she wrote, I was gone. It was fun while it lasted, most just wanna see ya fry the tires.

Close, it is actually Gold Leaf Metallic and 33-34 years old, yes it's the original untouched paint. Mine has a build date of 9-70, what is yours? I haven't really looked for the Broadcast sheet yet, but when I do the interior I'm hoping to find it.

Old 04-02-2004, 08:23 PM
banshee
Professional

Woah! Whats the last six digits of your VIN? Cuz I think our beepers were on the production line about the same time. Mine is also a September 1970 bird! Mine was built at the Windsor Ontario plant and shipped to Colorado. It was sold to owner #1 in the Boulder area and spent most of its early life as a hi powered grocery getter up in that clean mountain air. Owner #2 took it to Jersey and converted it from a 4 speed to an automatic ( sniff sniff! I could just cry ) for drag racing at Atco. The car still has its matching numbers 383 but the A-833 is sadly lost forever in Jersey. It also does not have much of a fender tag ....barely 2 1/2 lines ....and owner #2 put in a rather expensive and awesome TCI Street Fighter tranny so I'm keeping her an auto for now. I bought her back in 1992 for the impressive sum of $4795.00. She had a two tone hemi orange / satin black paint job ( also put on by owner #2 ) and was unrestored and in great shape. The floor pans and wheel wells had ( and still have ) the original factory undercoating. The odometer read 64,132 when I drove her home and it was not turned over! I pulled the motor and had it bored, balanced and blueprinted and added a Mopar purpleshaft with a bit of a healthy lope ( but still streetable ) and a set of high compression Keith Black domed pistons. Now she can really get up and go! Several years later, we launched the new Dodge Durango at DaimlerChrysler Newark Assembly here in beautiful, scenic Newark Delaware ( my employer yippee! ). I absolutely fell in love with a color that was available for the 98 thru 2000 model years called Deep Amethyst Pearl. So I um ...... acquired ( for lack of a better word ) two gallons of above mentioned paint and some clear coat and had her done up in the dark purple. Some people still always ask me if its Plum Crazy!

[IMG]local://upfiles/2902/Qo396484357.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-03-2004, 06:43 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend

Nice motor![sm=smiley20.gif]I was thinking yours might be Plum Crazy as well.

Mine was born out of the St. Louis, Missouri plant. It has 1 full fender tag. The original owner also lived in Missouri and must have used it for drag racing, because the A/C, washer assembly, and a few other non-essential parts were MIA. Also, the original 383 came on a pallet with a rod and piston missing and a chunk out of the bottom of 2 cylinders, so it must have thrown a rod while racing. When I bought it, it had a '73 400 HP motor in it. The second owner only had it a few months, after moving to Ohio from Missouri his wife made him sell it, so I am the third owner. After switching to Valvoline and running a '95 Z-28 into the ground it spun a rod bearing or two. I will never again use Valvoline because of this, yes I blame the oil. It had the #'s matching tranny still in it, but it is now out of it and with the #'s matching motor. I need to have the #'s matching motor checked to see if it is restorable. I currently have a 440 in it. I bought the 440 as a stock Magnum/Super Commando that was supose to be lower compression for todays crap gas and 2 steps hotter cam to get the lost compression power back, it is also bored 30 over. Well, it doesn't run too well on pump premium 94 octane, spark knocks like crazy when accelerating, it is only happy on 108 octane or higher. I have messed with the carburation and the timing, but it doesn't help, it just wants the really good stuff. So, I think it isn't exactly a 9.0:1 compression motor like I was told. It also has a street/strip built tranny that now leaks a little after it has sat and cooled down. I have thought about getting the TCI Street Fighter tranny, how well do you like yours? The 440 has an Edlebrock Performer intake, Holley 750 Double Pumper, MSD Blaster 2 ignition coil, Accel 8.8mm 300+ race wires, Mopar Performance electronic ignition conversion, K&N filter, Edlebrock open element chrome breather, Dynomax ceramic coated headers, Tube Technologies 3" dual aluminized mandrel bent exhaust w/H-pipe, Flowmaster 50 series mufflers and a Mopar Performance viscious fan package. Here's 2 pics of my motor, the 1st is an older one and the second is the most recent:

[IMG]local://upfiles/193/Nl292114240.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/193/Kf125616920.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-03-2004, 06:25 PM
banshee
Professional

sweet motor man! We could definitely do so ego brusing with our bad birds! My 383 was dyno tested at the rear. It was putting out just under 435 hp. I'm using a Holley 750 cfm dp tucked up under the K&N. Also I have a stub stack to help smooth the flow of air into the plenum. My intake is a Holly single plane that I polished smooth the whole way in. The smoother the air induction ...the better she breathes ..the more horses she puts down on the pavement! I also am using a Mopar EI conversion kit and I have a set of Taylor Spiro Pro wires mated up to NGK plugs. I just love NGKs cuz I never get a fouling problem with the higher compression and super high octane gas required. I too must run on nothing less then Ultra 94 ...but then I still have to add booster. Sometimes I head on out to the local airpark and top off on avgas....she loves real bird food! The TCI is fantastic. I used to race her and I loved the sharp, clean shifts. A wise investment to mate with a well built motor. I'm running a custom Borla exhaust system mated up to the stock exhaust manifold but only because I've been too lazy to get a set of nice headers. Its on my 'to do' list after I finish the interior. Since my birdie was a low option dealer lot filler ....I am entertaining the notion of pulling the 383 ( and keeping it in storage ) and finding either a 413 or 426 Max Wedge motor to put in here and make a truly one of a kind 71 beeper. I haven't decided yet.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 71 beeper center console