Charger, Roadrunner & Superbee Talk Charger (pre-1975). Coronet, Roadrunner and Superbee (& other 'B' bodies) specific topics within.

1970 440 sixpack

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2006, 06:38 PM
fc7gtx
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 1970 440 sixpack

ORIGINAL: bobobogan

I also am trying to find out if the 440 Six pack in my 73 Charger is an authentic six pack engine. The guy I bought it from told me the engine and Hemi 727 Trans in my car are from a 70 GTX 440+6 with a Hemi-Automatic.

The former owner says he owned the engine and trans since the mid seventies. If you find anything out let me know...Thanks.

Unless the VIN on the side of your block can be matched to the actual 'real' 70 440+6 GTX VIN its "he said she said" Also since he said the 'engine& tranny' came from a 70 GTX 440+6, so the VIN codes on your tranny and engine should match (right!). That will be the first indication on a tall tale or not. Other then matching the original car to your engine VIN the only other tell tale signs of a True six pak engine is (4 valve reliefs on the pistons, External balance,three bolt cam gear). Those numbers/letters on that engine pad in front of the intake won't tell you anything about a six pak engine other then its build date/year. 'F' is a 1970 build year. Regular 440 Hp engines came with 1 bolt cam gears. There are regular externally balanced 440HP engines so external balancing won't guarranty a six pak engine. This was all covered in the above posts.

Quick Reply: 1970 440 sixpack