Charger SRT-8 That thing got a Hemi? Indeed, a 6.1L Hemi that is. The Dodge Charger SRT-8 pounds the pavement with severe power.

2010 Dodge Charger SRT8

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 08:22 AM
DSLG
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default weight

The charger R/T's curb weight is 4085 and it's 0-60 in 5.7 secs.
The SRT8's 4083 and it's 0-60 in 5 secs.

Old 09-08-2009, 01:17 PM
00z28bubba

i expected the weight to be apparant in performance. but at the same time i keep forgetting the chargers are full interior cars. roomy enough to seat 5 people comfortably. lets just say i dont know anybody that doesnt have a problem with my back seats. for some reason i just dont ever remember that detail. i was racking my brain on why would the chargers have any reason to be so much heavier.

Old 09-09-2009, 03:35 AM
DSLG
Default seats

Yeah, I have 2 kids so that is definitely something I take into consideration Plus, I don't plan on racing anyone, this car is just for fun for me..

Old 10-08-2009, 11:36 PM
ntvinh986

Originally Posted by pebcak2000
Where can I find more sneak preview info on the 2010 Dodge Charger SRT8? I am currently leasing an 2007 Dodge Charger RT but will either purchase my current charger and mod the heck out of it or purchase a new 2010 Charger SRT8. I leanig towards trading in my RT for an SRT8 in 2010. I just want to know that the awesome SRT8 will be available in 2010. If I am going to trade in my RT....I will drive it on the salt infested MN winter roads. If I am going to keep my RT.....I will continue to drive my Dakota duing the winter.

Pleae help me see into the future
Thanks in advance
Thanks you for the post.

Old 10-09-2009, 10:24 AM
Carolina Magnum
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Name:  x14-1.gif
Views: 32
Size:  2.8 KB..........Name:  x14-1.gif
Size:  2.8 KB........Name:  x14-1.gif
Size:  2.8 KB..............Name:  x14-1.gif
Size:  2.8 KB

Just for information purposes only!!!! Thought this might be intersting to some of YOU!

Wife and I have just purchased our FOURTH MAGNUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HERE ARE THE ONE'S WE HAVE...............
2006 SRT
2006 SXT
2005 R/T
2005 R/T

Thought is interesting to know FIRST that we love all FOUR MAGNUMS!!!

The SRT, of course, it by far the nicest, with the additional power, handling, etc, and it's is getting much better mileage than expected... driving normally around town we get almost 17 and on the highway get between 21-22. (However it onlly had 7,700 miles) so I feel it just still breaking in............ AND, it is NOW running much stonger that it used to, have no idea why. Been told that these really don't seem to get the power band UP until they have around 7000 miles ~ seems like there is some truth to this! Of course, we use only 93 Octane in it.

Next we bought the wife the 06 SXT, (3.5L ~ 4 spd auto w 17,200 miles on it). Ran perfect for three months then all He!! broke loose... all kinds of dash lights and would start sometime and not others. Took to local dealer, said we'd have to get a whole new computer BEFORE they could diasnose the problem ~ thought this was a rip off as they had already told me what codes were showing.... anyhow, mention this to the wife and she wanted her MAGNUM REPAIRED! Authorized the repair; dealer called back and said they cannot get it started and Chrysler recommended we change front & rear fuse box and complete wiring harness ~ as this was a FLOOD CAR from Louisanna. We decided it wasn't worth fixing ~ started looking for another mag and bought her the 05 R/T. Then another dealer said bring the SXT to them; two days later ~ up and running. Thus, now we have three magnums!!! Runs fantastic and this car has always ran strong with WAY more POWER than I thought it would with the 3.5L ~ barely slower than the R/T ! BELIEVE IT OR NOT!!!!!!!! Mileage varues 17-18 in town around 20 on highway! (89 Octane)

Now, her R/T is beautiful, runs great; mileage is almost identical to the SXT! So she drives the SXT to work daily and enjoys her R/T on the weekends!

Then, a close friend lost his job, NOW no health insurance and HAD TO SELL his magnum, asked US if we wanted it.... I said, "Geesh, we already have THREE!". He called later that week and said "I have NO CHOICE but to sell it to our local dealer!" OMG, you're gonna get "RIPPED OFF", I told him! He knew ~ but NO CHOICE!!! ~Sigh!!!~ So, he calls up back later and said... "I'd rather see you and your wife get this than the stupid dealer; IF YOU WANT IT ~ I'll sell it to YOU TWO for what the dealer offered! These two Magnum R/T are both 05, both INFERNO RED and near identical! These get less gas mileage than both the others... around 15-16 in town and just over 20 highway on 89 Octane!

OMG ~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Now we have FOUR!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

FOOD FOR THOUGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you're wanting to meet any MAGNUM owners in our little town, might as well just come out for a visit!!! LOL

Name:  DSCN0482.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  344.3 KB

Attached Images
File Type: gif
x14-1.gif (2.8 KB, 17 views)
x14-1.gif (2.8 KB, 20 views)
x14-1.gif (2.8 KB, 19 views)
Old 12-13-2009, 07:10 AM
Beastro
Veteran

hey guys im in the truck forum mostly but i have been thinking of buying a charger srt8. tell me with year is the best. im going to buy used cause i waqnt to find 1 with mods all ready but what year is the best or the all the same?

Quick Reply: 2010 Dodge Charger SRT8