Charger SRT-8 That thing got a Hemi? Indeed, a 6.1L Hemi that is. The Dodge Charger SRT-8 pounds the pavement with severe power.

SRT8 with new Zoomers whips older Corvette!

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2005, 03:26 AM
qzking
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SRT8 with new Zoomers whips older Corvette!

Hey everybody!
Got my Zoomers installed today! What a great operation! Ron was so helpful and their whole staff is "First Class". After I left Zoomers and got the SRT8 washed for the 4th time this week, (see my post about $29.99, unlimited car washes) I went down to Sunset Beach and made everyone come out and listen to the Vroooooooooooom! And I'm telling you. The sound of these Zoomer's in unbelievable.

Anyway, I left Sunset Beach and as I was driving towards home, South on PCH, I happened to get stopped at a light by the State Beach entrance. This is like the perfect spot to run-her-up for a short distance. There was this pretty blonde woman driving this older Corvette convertible and it was "puss'! I rolled down the window, complimented her on the car and asked what year it was. She said proudly that it was the 25 year anniversary Corvette. I did the math. It was a 1970 and it was cherry!. I said "Just got this. Want to see what she'll do?" She laughed like I was kidding and then I saw her eyes get a little bit bigger. We rolled together away from the light up to about a 10 MPH roll and I just gave it a goose but let right off. Off she goes. I mashed the SRT8 down. I had it in Auto-Stick. I flew past her before she got out of first and just kept pulling away. Now, this was a very short run. We never got over 70, I believe. We both lifted and she was 4-5 car links behind. I just left it in second and let those Zoomers zoooooom as she came up next to me. Had a great big smile on her face and we both gave the "thumbs-up" sign. I cannot call this a kill. But I will call it a thrill!

Ended up cruising Main Street at Huntington Pier, then back down Coast Highway to Newport Pier. On the way back a late model Corvette was behind me enjoying the Zoomer sounds. He finally got up next to me in a 25 MPH zone in Newport! Another convertible. He and his wife both were just loving the SRT8 and, especially the sound. Asked about HP, etc. while we were doing the 25 MPH. Then we turned on PCH North and I caught the outside lane and gave it the WOT for 100 yards. They came up and were just smiling and saying how great it sounded. Then I see this Camero behind us, weaving around traffic, trying to catch up. So I pulled away from the Corvette couple and, without driving much over the speed limit but using the Auto-Stick to just slide up into a spot, quickly, and then the next slot, while watching this Camaro just driving crazy trying to catch up. Finally he was getting real close. Another dangerous lane change away from catching me and I caught a clear spot in the right land and nailed the SRT8. Watched the Camero weave his way, again, through traffic to catch up. But he had been close enough to hear and see/feel the SRT8's acceleration and when he finally came up next to me they just looked over with a grin and stayed just off my left rear and listened to the pipes.

I know this sounds like a pipe dream or BS crap that people post. It's the God's honest truth. This is So. Calif. and I had two other, minor but similar, experiences before I got back to the house. I thought the SRT8 was fun before. JUST ADD ZOOMERS! Un-be-Fricken-lievable!

Can't wait to drive her tomorrow!
KK

Old 08-06-2005, 06:59 PM
ramfan5.9
Hall Of Fame
Default RE: SRT8 with new Zoomers whips older Corvette!

what are zoomers?

Old 08-06-2005, 11:46 PM
ViperGTS
Banned

I was wondering the same thing.

-Matt-

Old 08-07-2005, 02:00 AM
qzking
Professional

ORIGINAL: ramfan5.9

what are zoomers?
I was wondering the same thing.

-Matt
-

Guys,
Zoomers are an aftermarket, cat-back exhaust system. I have been watching these forums in anticipation of getting my SRT8 and, from everything I have been able to glean, they seemed to have the most positive and enthusiastic following. Plus they are manufactured loally. I love them so far!
KK

Old 08-07-2005, 03:39 PM
ramfan5.9
Hall Of Fame

ok i gotcha now

cool sounds like you had fun

Old 08-07-2005, 06:25 PM
SRT MAGNUM
Professional

KK, any chance of a sound or video clip?

Old 08-07-2005, 09:13 PM
qzking
Professional

ORIGINAL: SRT MAGNUM

KK, any chance of a sound or video clip?
SRT,
Absolutely! We shot a bunch of auio/video clips yesterday at Zoomers. They should be up on their web site soon but I'm not sure how soon.

Now, even though I am a "web master" too. I have no idea of how to post an audio/video file. I have a Mini-VHS type video camera siting next to me, but I have no idea as to how to upload the files to one of my web pages or to this forum or photobucket or ???. In all my wisdom, I just read the first chapter of "Microsoft Front Page" and then threw the book against the wall and have winged it for several years.

If anyone is out there and can walk an "older" guy, with little education, through that process. I'll go out there right now and shoot it and post it!
KK

PS: Ron gave me the go-ahead to initiate a group buy for the new SRT8 system and I'll be posting that "everywhere" (even though it will **** of R&O) this week, before I take off to Sturgis, SD for the Harley thing. If I don't get it up before I leave, I'll do it on Monday, the 15th. or soon thereafter! Hold on for the deal!

Still grinding Ron for a better price for everybody!
KK

Old 08-07-2005, 11:25 PM
ramfan5.9
Hall Of Fame

can you get them onto your computer? i can help you from there if you can, im not to framiliar with vhs - computer, buto nce itso n the computer its easy

Old 08-08-2005, 02:58 AM
qzking
Professional

I think I can download it to my main system that has Windows Media Edition or whatever they call that top end operatiing system. It's too late now but I will give it a try tommorow. Why don't you e-mail me @ kking3@socal.rr.com when you see this and I'll try to attach a copy to you or I can at least contact you when I get something on the hard disk.

Thanks for the asistance!
KK

PS: The videos we shot yesterday at Zoomers will probably be up on their site later his week. I'll alert averyone whn that happens and will post a link on my "Zoomers" page @ http://www.quartzsitervshow.com/zoomers.htm

ORIGINAL: ramfan5.9

can you get them onto your computer? i can help you from there if you can, im not to framiliar with vhs - computer, buto nce itso n the computer its easy

Old 08-10-2005, 10:43 PM
ZIG

Hey Guys,
Just go to the Zoomers web site and check out the video clip.

Quick Reply: SRT8 with new Zoomers whips older Corvette!