Charger SRT-8 That thing got a Hemi? Indeed, a 6.1L Hemi that is. The Dodge Charger SRT-8 pounds the pavement with severe power.

How easy was that!

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2005, 09:25 PM
Nomad
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How easy was that!

Just got off of the phone with a local dealer rep and my 2006 Magnum SRT8 is on order and in the system. He's going to call Dodge on Monday to follow-up and make sure "they" see it in the system the same way he entered it.

This has been another really good experience in buying a new car at below MSRP. No sales job here, but I have again used Autobytel to find a Dealer that will sell me a halo car without an outrages mark up. All in two days and for only $2300 over Invoice (about $650 under MSRP) fully loaded. I'm pretty confident that the order will stick as this dealer has two on the way already (sold). The rep even told me how some dealers are asking $5-10K over MSRP (I know, I had a good laugh at another local dealer who wanted $10K).

Now to see how long it will take to receive this HEMI Nomad. [8D]

Old 08-20-2005, 09:59 PM
hdcouple
Default RE: How easy was that!

Ya well good luck, just because you ordered it, and there going to follow up. don't mean your going to get it.

Old 08-20-2005, 10:19 PM
Nomad

Your right, I've been down that road before. This dealer has a good reputation and sells quite a number of SRT cars so hopefully Dodge will send them Magnum #3.

Old 08-21-2005, 02:09 AM
qzking
Professional

ORIGINAL: hdcouple

Ya well good luck, just because you ordered it, and there going to follow up. don't mean your going to get it.

hdcouple,

Very encouraging and supportive!

Keep up that positive attitude!

Really helps!

Not!
KK

Old 08-21-2005, 07:20 PM
hdcouple

I am sure if I have a positive attitude, it is really going to change the polical B.S that is going on at Dodge. After several weeks of phone calls I have come to understand that Dodge does not care about there dealers let alone there customers.

I really bet the V.P of customer realtions reads and or cares of what my opion is, they don't even listen or respond to there own dealers.

If they "they" did care, we would don't hear of the constant price gouging by dealers and how one dealers gets several of one model before other dealers even get one.

sorry if the truth hurts.

Old 08-22-2005, 03:54 AM
qzking
Professional

I am sure if I have a positive attitude, it is really going to change the polical B.S that is going on at Dodge. After several weeks of phone calls I have come to understand that Dodge does not care about there dealers let alone there customers.

I really bet the V.P of customer realtions reads and or cares of what my opion is, they don't even listen or respond to there own dealers.

If they "they" did care, we would don't hear of the constant price gouging by dealers and how one dealers gets several of one model before other dealers even get one.

sorry if the truth hurts.
hd,
Truth doesn't hurt a bit. Seems like Nomad is having a good experience. I had a great experience and I know many, many others that have have good experiences.

Now when I first posted that I had purchased my MSRT8 at less than MSRP, several naysayers, like youself, posted the same crap that you are posting. "Never going to happen!" "It ain't a done deal until you get they keys!" "Dealer will F you in the end" Doom! Gloom! Doubt!

Got my car within 60 days. At the agreed upon price. Dealer has been more-than-accomodating. Let me have a couple of chips in the paint re-done by a body repair friend of mine and didn't even ask me to bring the car in for their inspection first.

I am assuming that you are an actual buyer that has had a bad experience. Give me/us some particulars about your situation. You don't have to deal with "goughing dealers" There are plenty of good deals and dealers out there if you are willing to do-the-work. Don't just throw your negative blanket over the whole dealer system! I don't think that is reality.

And I am sure you're right. The VP of customer relations probably does no give a damn about you.

But then again I could be way off!

All I know is I'm driving the "dream car" of my 57 years of existance and I was, and am being, treated well by this dealer. But I did the work and got with the right one.
KK

Old 08-23-2005, 01:18 AM
hdcouple

First of all, I never said anything bad or negative about your deal. I am personally glad your deal went great.

Everyone has a good experience till it goes bad.

The problem is not with the dealer I have chose, it lies with in Dodge itself. The problem is with how they distribute the cars they have produced. I ordered my car on May 5th, now you would think that people who have ordered cars should get them before dealers get cars for stock. Now judging by the number of these cars on Ebay, you can't tell me they where all ordered for people.

Now I know someone is going to say that dealers who sell more cars get cars first, but do you think it is fair to the dealers when one dealer gets 5 or more of a model before other dealers even get one of that same model. How is a dealer suppose to sell more cars when a local customer comes to there dealer to buy a car, they don't have it and the customer drives to the next town where that dealer there has five of them on the lot.

If all dealers recieved cars with in the same time frame, you would not have the "price gouging" that is going on. But since they ship several to one dealer and not others then this is what you get.

So all of this, brings questions to me.

So I called the Dodge customer care to check the status of my car. After three weeks ( yes I have the phone records to prove it ) I have come to the conclusion that Chrysler could save alot of money by just getting rid of this whole department all together. Not only do they not have information, they have no clue where to send you to have your questions answered. Then you get the "we don't have the answer so we will make one up" Yes that right got the lies, from "There are labor issues at the rail yard at the border" to "your car is built and just waiting on a US Vin number" to my personal favorite "your car is built but they are just waiting on two parts, when they come in they will put them on and you should have you car in a couple weeks" oh there are several more, but what I find amazing is that everyone is using information that has not been updated since July 7th.

Now I was in Vegas Last Thursday, so I called the five dealers to see if they had a SRT-8. One dealer did so I went to look at it. It was a base model, no options. Had an MSRP of 37,000 and some change plus a almost 9,000 mark up. When I asked the salesman about the mark up, he told me "We have one, none of the other dealers in town have one so if you want you have to pay for it"

Must be nice to be one of the first dealers to get a new model, I guess that gives them the right to rape the customer.

Sorry I have a CRAPPY attitude, but when you are fed Sh*t this is the attitude you get. I normally have a great attitude but this is the one that Dodge has given me. Sorry

Old 08-23-2005, 02:01 AM
qzking
Professional

First of all, I never said anything bad or negative about your deal. I am personally glad your deal went great.

Everyone has a good experience till it goes bad.

The problem is not with the dealer I have chose, it lies with in Dodge itself. The problem is with how they distribute the cars they have produced. I ordered my car on May 5th, now you would think that people who have ordered cars should get them before dealers get cars for stock. Now judging by the number of these cars on Ebay, you can't tell me they where all ordered for people.

Now I know someone is going to say that dealers who sell more cars get cars first, but do you think it is fair to the dealers when one dealer gets 5 or more of a model before other dealers even get one of that same model. How is a dealer suppose to sell more cars when a local customer comes to there dealer to buy a car, they don't have it and the customer drives to the next town where that dealer there has five of them on the lot.

If all dealers recieved cars with in the same time frame, you would not have the "price gouging" that is going on. But since they ship several to one dealer and not others then this is what you get.

So all of this, brings questions to me.

So I called the Dodge customer care to check the status of my car. After three weeks ( yes I have the phone records to prove it ) I have come to the conclusion that Chrysler could save alot of money by just getting rid of this whole department all together. Not only do they not have information, they have no clue where to send you to have your questions answered. Then you get the "we don't have the answer so we will make one up" Yes that right got the lies, from "There are labor issues at the rail yard at the border" to "your car is built and just waiting on a US Vin number" to my personal favorite "your car is built but they are just waiting on two parts, when they come in they will put them on and you should have you car in a couple weeks" oh there are several more, but what I find amazing is that everyone is using information that has not been updated since July 7th.

Now I was in Vegas Last Thursday, so I called the five dealers to see if they had a SRT-8. One dealer did so I went to look at it. It was a base model, no options. Had an MSRP of 37,000 and some change plus a almost 9,000 mark up. When I asked the salesman about the mark up, he told me "We have one, none of the other dealers in town have one so if you want you have to pay for it"

Must be nice to be one of the first dealers to get a new model, I guess that gives them the right to rape the customer.

Sorry I have a CRAPPY attitude, but when you are fed Sh*t this is the attitude you get. I normally have a great attitude but this is the one that Dodge has given me. Sorry
Sounds like you have some real issues but your facts are a little vague. Sorry for your bad experience. I would grab my deposit back from that dealer and move on. I worked with a smaller dealer that warned me that he/they may not get their "allotment" of SRT8s as soon as some of the larger volume dealers. I accepted that because of the deal I was getting. Got real lucky and my car came right through. From your story, I can't tell whether you got a fair deal from a dealer that could not deliver or got stuck dealing with the greedy MSPR++++ guys.

Never heard you mention anything about a VIN. Did you ever get a VIN? If you have a VIN, did you ever visit http://www.bramptonassembly.com/board/index.php ? I know a lot of us were able to track our build on this site and find out a lot of "real-time" feedback there from the people that are building our cars. I know that I got my car sooner based on that info and also the right tire option because of what I learned on that forum. Well worth the $25.00 "donation" I made to support their site.

Hope you get your car! Soon! When and if you finally get it you will be greatly rewarded for your patience. (Or lack therof)

Hang in there!
KK

Old 08-25-2005, 02:57 PM
Nomad

Received my VON# on Monday

Now, where does one find the Order Status Codes? I would like to be able to track this puppy through.

Old 08-25-2005, 05:19 PM
hdcouple

Nomad, getting Von # is not the problem.

It is is getting it out of the BX status to a D status.

I have had my Von # since May 5th, It has been in Bx status since June. You won't even get a vin # till it goes to D status and is given a build date.

As far as Know there is know way to track them until they have a D status.

But if I am wrong I sure someone will give you the correct info.

Quick Reply: How easy was that!