Dart, Demon, and Duster Talk Dart, Demon, and Duster (& other 'A' bodies) specific topics within.

69 dart swinger (340)

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2007, 04:59 PM
Gitdowns
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 69 dart swinger (340)

Swinger's don't have a dart embem on the front fender and you're missing your Bumble Bee stripe. Of course the car may have been altered. It looks like you have the 340 4 barrel hood.
[/quote]
You are wrong this part. I have the 69 Dodge Dart Swinger 340 my dad bought new in 69. It doesnt have a strip on the back. It has a Dart emblem on the fenders with a Swinger decal below it. On thebroadcast sheet, it has the radio and the exterior trim circled in orange crayon with an arrow to the bottom of the broadcast sheet stating items deleted. I have read somewhere that these were refered to as canadian models. I have seen several Darts on ebay without the strips and with dart swinger on the front fenders. I am looking for some Swinger decals for this car. This car was ordered just for the purpose of making it into a stock eliminator car. It was drivin on the street for several years after a year of racing and has 52,000 miles. I have started to restore this car. My dad had let it sit outside for many years and the vinle top was rotted as was the top of the seats. The paint was fadded also. As a side note, this car was never wrecked, been in the family all the time, but the driver fender has the dart emblem and Swinger decal and the pasenger side just had the decal, they for got to install the Dart emblem. My dad had some good connections in the late 6's for new cars to drag race, he bought a 67 GTX, 440, auto, a 68 Baracuda, 340, auto, the 69 Dart, 340 auto and then a 70 Cude, 440 SixPac, auto. Wish I still had them all. My uncle has the 68 Baracuda.

Old 07-03-2008, 09:12 PM
06blackdak
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 69 dart swinger (340)

I also have a 69 340 swinger. The ones with no tailstripe were not Canadian models. They were V88 Code Stripe delete cars. They had to be ordered that way. Chrysler corp deleted the transverse stripe but replaced it with the Swinger Decal on each Front Fender. They would not delete the 340 Power Bulge hood. The first owner of my car tried and received a letter from Chrysler stating this. They would not put 4.10 gears in it for him either. That is on the letter as well. Mine is a Surf Green(F3) Dark Green Vinyl top but has Black deluxe interior bench seat column shift. Kind of an oddball.

Check with your local UAP or Napa Autobody dealer. They can get everything for these cars except front fenders. No one repros the front fenders. The body and floorpans etc stampings all come from the same place the Paddock and Year one get theirs. They are all made by the same companies.

Quick Reply: 69 dart swinger (340)