Dodge Avenger This forum hosts discussion areas for both the 95-00 and 08-14 Dodge Avenger Coupes and Sedan

avenger code reset/washer fluid light

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2011 | 10:07 PM
szpilafam
|
Rookie
Default avenger code reset/washer fluid light

2 more things then I'll stop. I reda somewhere,but can't find it, that if you remove the battery the codes will reset but that you have to clean something or the idle will be bad? it erases the idle memory? also my washer fluid resovior is full but the idiot light stays on any ideas?

Old 10-24-2011 | 02:41 PM
bad venge
Section Moderator

Idle Air control can cause a bad idle as can a bad EGR valve ... disconnecting the battery won't cause these to be bad or cause a bad idle...

resevoir theres a sensor that gets coated overtime remove and clean

Old 10-24-2011 | 06:21 PM
szpilafam
|
Rookie

kudos on the sensor!!! would i get a code for the egr or iac? i hafa get the map sensor replaced first to see if that helps my idle.

Old 10-24-2011 | 10:38 PM
bad venge
Section Moderator

not always in the codes for either

Old 10-27-2011 | 10:33 AM
szpilafam
|
Rookie

okay on the washer fluid res. I see the pump at the bottom, and a wiring connector at the top, which one has the sensor? probably the bottom, looks like i gotta take off the master cylinder?

i got the new map sensor and this baby rides great, i can't believe the diff from just one lil sensor. previous owner stated he tried to mess with the idle, don't think u can short of jerry rigging the cable. but what should the idle be at in park and drive? seems low to me. i could get a new iac if needed.

Old 10-27-2011 | 04:22 PM
bad venge
Section Moderator

you have to look ... I forget I thought the pump was at the bottom

you can adjust the throttle cable to hold it open to try to raise the idle

Old 10-28-2011 | 07:17 AM
szpilafam
|
Rookie

alrite now what the heck.....I told you about the low idle not a big problem just have to 2 feet it till i can get a chance to look at it. but on my way home just now, it stalled. i restarted it and it ran sluggish for like a second, after hittin the gas a little the check engine light came on and it started running like it did when my map sensor was bad. i get home key dance it and im gettin a 12-13 again map sensor?!?!?!?!? i cant afford to replace these every couple days any ideas?

Old 10-28-2011 | 08:59 PM
bad venge
Section Moderator

Idle is normally bad IAC or EGR I've outlined how to troubleshoot this tons of times

Quick Reply: avenger code reset/washer fluid light