Dodge Caliber The new sporty Dodge Caliber is a hatchback that replaces the Dodge Neon. The Dodge Caliber is here to stay!

How many miles is on your's now? And do you still like it?

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2007, 03:59 AM
litesong
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How many miles is on your's now? And do you still like it?

Have just past 9000miles on my Caliber 2liter, CVT with no problems. Still 100% tight & creakfree. MPG has hit 34.9MPG highway, 32.5MPG over 4000 foot mountain passes, & averaging 29.5MPG& rising.

However, take it easy with the CVT. Internalhydraulicpressures approach 1000 pounds per square inch when you accelerate hard. But feather footing dramatically reduces those pressures, & MPGrises very well. Because of the high CVT pressures, Jatco, maker of the CVT, limits engine power & rpms thru the CVT at very low speeds where the CVT is the most active. However, above 30MPH,the CVT handles all engine power. Caliber CVT passes better than 4 speed automatic transmissions & is wonderful.

P.S...6/13/2007...Found that my odometer(presently indicating 11,900 miles-really 12,150 miles)is losing mileage & has a 2% error which I have reported in other threads. Therefore mymore accurate MPG calculations are: 35.6 MPG flat highway high &averaging 33 MPG over those4000 foot mountain passes. My overall averageMPG with additional warm weather tanks & the odometer corrections now stands at 30.9MPG for 40 tanks of gas...simply amazing!

Old 05-08-2007, 07:17 PM
Nappers
Professional

Litesong, what Caliber do you have? I would love the SRT when it comes out but it would be impractical for me especially with the insurance it would carry.I have an SXT Neon, would like better than the base Caliber if I were to buy one (or at least talk the little woman into buying one). I know people like their SE's or SXT's or R/T's but funds are low and want to stay in the $20,000 range or lower if possible.

These are great replies and great insight to how real world people like their Calibers, I only read CR to see what they think and listen to other people. I want a good reliable car that will last the term of the loan

Aaron

Old 05-09-2007, 10:26 PM
litesong
Rookie

I have the SE Caliber with CVT,ABS,& a/c that I got for $14,000. Many people look down on the SE because ofall the niceties it doesn't have. But my SE hasnearly what I wanted in the Caliber, except for ESC & side airbags.
However, I think its simplicity hasmade for a better car. The extra doo dad options & extras add complexity. These extras arejust that...extras...things you don't need to viably operate the Caliber. Extras are subject to breakdowns.To be able to do without extras, gives you capability to AVOID repairs to those extras. Repairs tooptions happen all the time.
Options add weight. Minimum weight added to SXT above the weight of the SE is 75pounds. Options add more weight than that.In my previous postI have said what my MPG is in several areas. I believe no R/T has these numbers & few if any SXTs can beat these MPG numbers.
Countall the costs if you have to have options. So far, my SE Caliberfunctions well & I have no desire for options that others have to have.

Old 05-14-2007, 05:15 PM
mahal3680
Veteran

Ordered my Caliber back in April of 06', picked it up in October. At the moment, I got 6800 miles on it. Great little car, but don't drive it much due to the fact I own two other vehicles. Ones a beater that I use to go backand forth to work that getss great gas mileage. The other is a truck I use for hauling, and the Caliber is mainly a weekend car. Don't really have any complaints on the Caliber, other than the fact it really doesnt get good gas mileage as I thought it would get. Anyway, theres a good possibility I might be trading her in this weekend for a new 08' Mitsubishi Eclipse GT. Please note I'm going for looks and economical. Again, no complaints on the Caliber, just looking for soemthing sportier.

Old 05-14-2007, 08:01 PM
JeDeeLenae

It'll be a year at the end of June, and we have 5,000 miles on it.

I have a few issues with the car and we're looking to get out of the lease and into a better car.

My issues:
1. Car seats don't fit all that great.
2. A/C sucks
3. Fuse for radio/ fog lights/ etc. goes in and out.
4. Sirius Radio only works sometimes. About 30% of the time.
5. Keyless Entry only works sometimes as well as power locks.
6. Only one door has a keyhole and it's a pain getting kids in and out of the car when I have to get in the car and start it to lock the doors after unlocking them to get the kids out. Otherwise, the hatchback stays unlocked.

Old 05-18-2007, 07:55 PM
TUNDRA_schumacher
Captain

I agree on the mpg.....wish it did a little bit better.

Old 05-20-2007, 03:35 PM
caliberlover07
Professional

I have 9,200 kms on it and still love it!

Old 06-04-2007, 03:43 PM
autotinter

25,000 kms started getting some front end noise, shocks? and the breaks are ready to be serviced, for $20,000cdn, still very happy, lots of room for ladders, wood, etc.

Old 06-06-2007, 02:29 AM
caliberlover07
Professional

Just nearing 10,000 kms I wish it was an R/T or SRT as well! I also wish I had the music gate sound system and a sun roof as well. it will be one year on July 10 that I have had the car.

Old 07-12-2007, 01:22 AM
sin_allison

I have had mine for all but a year....I have 33,000 km and I had to get my tirods replaced, have squeaks/rattles in my doors, stalled a couple of times...got stuck in park twice...baby seat doesnt fit...needless to say I am not really happy with the car but what can I say....

Quick Reply: How many miles is on your's now? And do you still like it?