Dodge Caliber The new sporty Dodge Caliber is a hatchback that replaces the Dodge Neon. The Dodge Caliber is here to stay!

windshield condensation

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2008, 09:00 PM
somenothingness
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default windshield condensation

Hasn't rained in a while here. Perfectly dry warm day in the south of alabama. Get into car tonight and the windshield has dripping condensation and the hatch window as well...but not the side windows. Defroster not left in the on position. Fresh air selection on recirculation. Seals are good with no leaks. In fact, on rainy days and those afterwards, this does not happen. Any ideas why? This isn't the first time.

Old 12-29-2008, 10:28 PM
eaglestorm
Professional

dont use it on recirculation it's in the owners manual you should use fresh air. recerc has a limited use. High dust areas bad smell and smoke like being behind a chiped diesel.

Old 12-29-2008, 11:05 PM
somenothingness
Professional

I should clarify. This problem occurs with the car parked as opposed to driving. And update...after the incident today...i dried out the windshield with the defroster and the rear as well...then 1 hour later left to go someplace and there it was again. This is an anomaly like I have never seen.

Old 12-29-2008, 11:12 PM
eaglestorm
Professional

I still think it's because of recec. try running it on defrost that turns on the ac comp and helps remove the moisture inside the car. just sitting with high humity can collect inside the car. are your carpets or seats wet? the ac removes moisture thats how it cools so with the comp on you will clear up sooner the defrost mode turns on the ac no matter what temp you have selcted

Old 12-30-2008, 08:59 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Perhaps the evaporator drain in the filrewall is clogged and moisture is not draining. Also, I would turn off recirc. before turning off the car to allow it to breathe a bit.

Quick Reply: windshield condensation