Dodge Caliber The new sporty Dodge Caliber is a hatchback that replaces the Dodge Neon. The Dodge Caliber is here to stay!

caliber engine light

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2009, 03:51 PM
jrs67800
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default caliber engine light

had my engine light come on last week took it to a local auto zone and they checked it out for me said there was a small emisions leak suggested t i replace the gas cap said it might fix the problem a few day later light was off. just last wed light came on again to i to local midas shop they also said small emisions leak said there was something about a faulty hose said he checked it and it was fine. started the car this morning light came back on any ideas would be helpful........ thank you.

Old 09-21-2009, 04:28 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Welcome to the forum.

It is losing pressure in the evaporation system somewhere.
I have also seen evap codes if you over fill the tank. Pumping after the pump kicks off the first time, but usually not that code.
If you replaced the gas cap already, it is either in a hose or the canister itself usually.

Old 09-26-2009, 04:01 PM
TUNDRA_schumacher
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Our R/T has been in the dealership 3 times for the "mystery engine light" and they haven't been able to fix it yet. It's not on all of the time, but it comes on and off. Usually depends on if it's been raining.
We just ignore it now.

Old 10-30-2009, 11:40 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 93 Likes on 79 Posts

If you are getting a small evap leak, the scanner can not run a small leak test. If you have an NVLD pump have it replaced.Maybe warranty.If you have the ESIM pump, replace it and the canster.Also maybe warranty.Also ck for flash updates too.

Quick Reply: caliber engine light