Dodge Caliber The new sporty Dodge Caliber is a hatchback that replaces the Dodge Neon. The Dodge Caliber is here to stay!

cel still on after 2 cam sensor replacements

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2013, 11:15 AM
JoeMorin
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cel still on after 2 cam sensor replacements

hi all, this is my first thread so forgive me if its in the wrong place.
i own an 07 caliber sxt manual with 1.8L engine.
first off ill tell you how my problem started,
I was drivng through a parking lot and red lined in first gear was at the same time distracted and failed to shift into 2nd, the car then bogged down and stalled, when i restarted the cel came on and had a multiple cylinder misfire. turned it off and back on and seemed to start fine , cel was still on and when i started towards home. after being on road for about 5 min it bogged down again and rpm would not go past 2500, when i got home i did some searching and found it was most likely a cam position sensor as it had all the symptoms. i went out and bought 1 cam position sensor and installed it in the rear (not knowing when i bought 1 that my car had 2) then drove for a few hours, it was still displaying all the symtoms so i assumed that it was the front sensor so i put the old rear one in the front and still no luck, went and bought a 2nd new sensor and installed in front and still have cel on..... so i now have 2 new cam position sensors but cel is still on and still has symptoms of a bad cam position sensor PLEASE HELP.....WHAT DID I DO TO MY CAR?

Old 04-11-2013, 04:05 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Welcome aboard.
Have you reset the computer since you replaced the sensors? What is the actual code that you are getting?

Quick Reply: cel still on after 2 cam sensor replacements