Dodge Caliber The new sporty Dodge Caliber is a hatchback that replaces the Dodge Neon. The Dodge Caliber is here to stay!

Dodge Caliber, 2007, Uconnect help!

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2013, 12:09 AM
DrewJd
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dodge Caliber, 2007, Uconnect help!

Hi guys, new to the forums do to this horrible horrible problem.

I need some help and quick, For starters, the Uconnect just turns on on its own, randomly, and I can NOT figure out how to shut it off. To make matters worse, it ONLY talks in French. We have NEVER attempted to hook up a cell phone or bluetooth device to this car EVER. No buttons turn it off, it talks in French, and I have no idea how to turn it off or reset it. Also on the dash the 'Language' is selected to English. Any help would be most appreciated,
Thank you very much.

Old 05-04-2013, 12:39 AM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Welcome to the forum.
I have never heard of this issue before. Can you turn the uconnect volume down when it activates on it's own with the radio volume?
Are your buttons in the mirror like my Ram?
Our Caliber has the dealer installed unit which mounts behind the radio area. I would try to locate the module and unplug it. The one in my truck has been trouble free as well, so I;m afraid I'm not able to be much help.

Old 05-04-2013, 01:15 AM
steak59
Record Breaker
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I found your problem quite funny, actually. Is it a Touch Screen Radio? look at the right bottom corner of the radio, what's the Radio Code? it should read something like RER, RHR, REC, etc...

Try a battery disconnect for 5 minute. It might reset it. This Sound more like a Software glitch instead of a mechanical failure.

Old 05-04-2013, 02:11 AM
DrewJd
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can turn the volume down. The buttons are located on the rear view mirror. If I shut it off like I would the radio, the display says off but it can still play. It is not touch screen.

What do you mean by a battery disconnect? the main battery? I just want to clarify, I mean for all I know there could be a thousand things controlling the uconnect that I don't know about. I also don't trust my self to remove the radio unit at all. is there just no master reset?

I know it is funny, but god during long drives or traffic it is the WORST thing ever ha

Old 05-04-2013, 01:52 PM
steak59
Record Breaker
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Yes, disconnect the Main Battery for 5 minute under the hood.

Also, if it is not a touch screen, then there is a separate U-Connect module. There are some software update your local dealer can do that might fix this issue. But if you don't even use the U-Connect feature, then might as well just disconnect the U-Connect module all together.

Quick Reply: Dodge Caliber, 2007, Uconnect help!