Dodge Caliber The new sporty Dodge Caliber is a hatchback that replaces the Dodge Neon. The Dodge Caliber is here to stay!

Rear Left brake/indicator/tail light not working

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2013, 02:09 PM
dona_moyer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear Left brake/indicator/tail light not working

Hello, as I have just registered for this forum, this is my first post... The left tail and indicator and brake light are not working on my 2008 doge caliber. I suspect a burnt out fuse, but am unsure what it would look like. I think the fuse box is under the hood (as I have just seen in some other posts) but I don't know which fuse to check. I don't want to just start pulling fuses and make a mountain out of what I think is a mole hill.

Help?!

Old 05-06-2013, 08:57 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Welcome to the forum.

The under side of the fuse box cover should have a diagram showing fuse numbers. In the owners manual, there is a section explaining which fuse/relay goes to what.
It could be a bad bulb, bad socket, blown fuse or even the multifunction switch in the steering column.

Old 05-07-2013, 10:21 AM
dona_moyer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default $$$ saved!!

Thanks for the help lxman1. I went to the manual and tried to figure out which fuse. I don't understand all of the short-forms used, but I was pretty sure I couldn't find it. So, as I was flipping through the pages, I saw the part about "how to change the rear light bulbs". Those push pin thingys are a pain to get out. Good thing I have a short prybar!!

In the end, and after about an hour of my time, and $12.00 out of my wallet - Problem Solved!

Oh, and the guys at Canadian Tire - where I bought two replacement bulbs - say those lights are run by a relay, and not a fuse... Old dog, new trick. The day is good.

Old 05-08-2013, 04:27 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

They are fused somewhere in the circuit, in case there is a short, to keep the wire from melting and catching fire.
Regardless, I'm glad to hear that you got it fixed! Yeah, those clips are a PITA to get the center pin out of. I recently had to replace a rear bulb on my wife's 09 Caliber.

Thanks for the update too.

Quick Reply: Rear Left brake/indicator/tail light not working