Dodge Caliber The new sporty Dodge Caliber is a hatchback that replaces the Dodge Neon. The Dodge Caliber is here to stay!

Advice Please

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2014, 06:33 AM
fair67
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice Please

Hello
I am going to take a closer look at buying a 2010 Caliber SXT from a local guy. It has 21000 miles auto and looks good from the outside. I was wondering if there is anything I should look closely at or be aware of that may be a problem. He is asking 9800 for the car and for me this is alot of money so I wanted to check it over good before buying. Also is this price a good one and what do you thing I should offer him if it checks out ok.
Thank you

Old 09-30-2014, 05:54 PM
fair67
Rookie

Went and looked closer at the car it looks very good body wise and it is pretty much loaded except leather and dvd. The guy said he would take 9000 what do you guys think.
Thanks

Old 10-01-2014, 07:47 PM
fair67
Rookie

I am a new owner of a Caliber I ended up getting it for 8800 it seems to run very good.

Old 10-03-2014, 03:16 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Welcome aboard the Caliber section.
Our 2009 has been trouble free since new. I like the car. Lots of leg roon in the front for a 6' 2" tall guy like myself. The CVT transmission takes some getting used too, but works great. Ours is a 2.0L CVT2 SXT. It is rated at 20mpg city/27mpg hwy. When I was working 40 miles each way to work, I drove it for a week and got 35.6mpg.
The Musicgate sound system with 9 speakers and 468 watt amp sounds great for an OEM stereo system.
Enjoy the site and your Caliber!!

Attached Thumbnails Advice Please-img_0090.jpg  

Last edited by lxman1; 10-03-2014 at 03:18 PM.
Old 10-03-2014, 03:23 PM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Did you get a history on it? Sorry late to the party.

What did you have before this car?

Old 10-03-2014, 08:30 PM
fair67
Rookie

I wanna thank you for the welcome and reply. Sorry I did not see this till now or I would of replied sooner. I am 6 foot and yes lots of leg room. Do all of them have the cvt tranny I am unsure about mine. Ours is also a 2.0 SXT. I agree the stereo is very good and I could not believe it when I put a DVD in it and it played a movie almost sounded like a theater. I have not drove it but a couple miles to bring it home I am waiting to get it insured and title work done. I have been in the Caravan and Neon forums over the last few years but this Caliber is something else.

Originally Posted by lxman1
Welcome aboard the Caliber section.
Our 2009 has been trouble free since new. I like the car. Lots of leg roon in the front for a 6' 2" tall guy like myself. The CVT transmission takes some getting used too, but works great. Ours is a 2.0L CVT2 SXT. It is rated at 20mpg city/27mpg hwy. When I was working 40 miles each way to work, I drove it for a week and got 35.6mpg.
The Musicgate sound system with 9 speakers and 468 watt amp sounds great for an OEM stereo system.
Enjoy the site and your Caliber!!

Old 10-03-2014, 08:37 PM
fair67
Rookie

I did not get a history on the car but did buy it from the original owner. He is very old and had his licence taken away due to health. It was and is a sad situation for him. He had all the original paperwork and everything even maitenence done. He stated it got about 35 the couple times he went on the highway with it. Every time I go look at the car it seems like I find something else it does. We have a 05 grand caravan we got in 06 thats why I been on the caravan forum alot it is getting tired. Also bought my daughter a used neon she just started driving.
Thanks for the reply

Originally Posted by TNtech
Did you get a history on it? Sorry late to the party.

What did you have before this car?

Old 10-05-2014, 09:55 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

My wife drives ours 99% of the time. I like the car. It drives well. It has a bit of road noise on less than perfect roads, but it never bothered me and she never complained about it. The stereo will more than drown out that noise.
You may notice a little bit of a jerk, if you are coasting to a stop and hit the gas before stopping all of the way. This is normal. When coasting down, the injectors turn off to save fuel. When you get to about idle rpm, they kick back on. They also kick back on if you hit the gas, so don't be alarmed if you feel it.

Last edited by lxman1; 10-08-2014 at 01:54 PM.
Old 10-06-2014, 07:53 PM
fair67
Rookie

Thank you for the reply I have noticed a little bit what you are saying. When I drive it more I will now be ready for it. Thanks again.

Originally Posted by lxman1
My wife drives ours 99% of the time. I like the car. It dives well. It has a bit of road noise on less than perfect roads, but it never bothered me and she never complained about it. The stereo will more than drown out that noise.
You may notice a little bit of a jerk, if you are coasting to a stop and hit the gas before stopping all of the way. This is normal. When coasting down, the injectors turn off to save fuel. When you get to about idle rpm, they kick back on. They also kick back on if you hit the gas, so don't be alarmed if you feel it.

Quick Reply: Advice Please