Dodge Caliber The new sporty Dodge Caliber is a hatchback that replaces the Dodge Neon. The Dodge Caliber is here to stay!

How to fix p0010 code

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2015, 06:54 PM
PyroVicious
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to fix p0010 code

Hey everyone, I've searched online for awhile now and I can't find a definitive answer to my problem. A few weeks ago, my 2011 Dodge Caliber Mainstreet's alternator crapped out on me. I had it replaced and changed, including a new battery, and then my check engine light came on. It's been giving out the code P0010. The shop I got my alternator replaced at told me it was my camshaft position sensor. So I changed it, but the code keeps lighting up. I've driven over 300 miles on the new sensor, hoping that it just needed to reset itself, but no luck. I've disconnected the battery hoping that would reset it, no luck there either. I'm stumped on what to do next, if anyone has any ideas I would love to here them. Thanks for your time.

Old 07-16-2015, 12:44 AM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Welcome to the forum.
I haven't checked our 09, but does this engine has 2 cam sensors? One for the intake cam and one for the exhaust cam? Perhaps you changed the wrong one?
Does the car run OK?

Old 07-16-2015, 07:45 PM
primem
Record Breaker
Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

the dtc sets for an open circuit.

gm posted ohm spec for their actuators but I don't see them for dodge.

I would test the grd wire; remove the connector to the bank1 camshaft 1 actuator. clamp a test light to b+ and back probe the black/white wire. it should light the test light.

without a scan tool to actuate the solenoid, you will have to disconnect the pcm harness and ohm check it from the pcm connector 2 pin 23 to the brown/white wire.
if that's ok replace the actuator. ifs that does not fix it; bad pcm. let the dealership have at it if the actuator and wiring check out.

I worked for gm and the actuators would go bad on the ecotec engine all the time.

Quick Reply: How to fix p0010 code