Dodge Caliber The new sporty Dodge Caliber is a hatchback that replaces the Dodge Neon. The Dodge Caliber is here to stay!

Loose cruise control stem

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2016, 10:55 PM
comdoc
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Loose cruise control stem

07 Caliber cruise control stem on right steering column has become loose, and is flopping around. How can I gain access to mounting that secures it?

Old 05-19-2016, 07:51 AM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

You should be able to remove the plastic casing around the steering column. There should be a couple of screws on the bottom side that usually take a torx bit, like a T-15 or T-20.

Old 05-19-2016, 12:04 PM
comdoc

Thanks lxman. Torx and 2 phillips head screws. I got access to the light switch assembly. The cruise control switch assembly is on the steering wheel assembly. No evident means of attaching the plastic pieces that enclose it. Do I have to remove steering wheel to get to it? Looks like the cruise control arm is broken, will need to replace.

Originally Posted by lxman1
You should be able to remove the plastic casing around the steering column. There should be a couple of screws on the bottom side that usually take a torx bit, like a T-15 or T-20.

Old 06-04-2016, 07:00 AM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

You should be able to pull the airbag assembly out from the front and access the CC switch I believe.

Old 06-04-2016, 08:55 AM
comdoc

Thanks for all replies. Yes, the airbag assembly just snapped out. No special tool needed. A strange coincidence: radio reception failed after installing new turn signal switch, and putting it all back together.

Old 06-07-2016, 08:13 AM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

That is strange. The only relation to the radio/steering wheel is if you have the radio controls on the back of the steering wheel and that would have no effect on the reception, just volume control and station/input controls.

Old 06-07-2016, 09:16 AM
comdoc

Thanks lxman1. Is it possible the aftermarket amplified antenna mast failed immediately after reconnecting negative battery terminal? How do I access the radio/antenna wire connection? It's the original radio.

Old 06-23-2016, 06:59 AM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

It should plug directly into the back of the radio the run behind the dash, then out into the inner fenderwell.

Quick Reply: Loose cruise control stem