Dodge Caliber The new sporty Dodge Caliber is a hatchback that replaces the Dodge Neon. The Dodge Caliber is here to stay!

07 Caliber Lights and broken speedo?!

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2017, 04:39 PM
Andy Moor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry 07 Caliber Lights and broken speedo?!

Hello!

Bought myself a used Caliber 2007 2.0 CRD today. Must admit that for £850, I should've seen this coming but hey ho!

My drive home consisted of the following problems:
Speedo not working
Red blinking light on speedo
Brake light on
ABS Light on
ESP Light on
BAS Light on (Under the ESP)
Engine Management Light on
Feels as if it is automatically braking lightly as I drive, creating a sway movement

The biggest issue, however, is starting it.
When I first viewed it, the gentleman started it and after 2 seconds, it cut off with a lightning bolt on the dashboard. He claims it is the immobiliser, but I thought that the light was the electric throttle control? Anyway, he wiped the codes given and then it started fine, so I drove it home.

Fast forward an hour, I drive it to Halfords, but the interior lights are all turned on and not turning off? And then lone behold, it doesn't start in the car park! Same problem, starts and dies. I find out that the dial that adjusts the dashboard brightness also turns the interior lights on and off? So I turn it all the way down/off and then the car bloody starts! I don't understand!!!

Now to my VERY BASIC understanding, these could be part of the issue:
ABS Wheel Speed sensor is affecting ABS light, Speedo, ESP and brake light
Someone suggested Fuse #34 is blown, but the #34 I checked in the engine bay seemed fine. Replaced anyway (Albeit, without disconnecting the battery) and still no change.

Any help would be very welcome and appreciated!

Old 09-22-2017, 08:05 AM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

welcome to the forum. Sounds like you may have a wiring issue in the steering column around the ignition switch and multi-function switch.