Dodge Caliber The new sporty Dodge Caliber is a hatchback that replaces the Dodge Neon. The Dodge Caliber is here to stay!

electronic throttle control light caliber

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2018, 08:26 PM
Jeb Mead
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default electronic throttle control light caliber

I had the lightening bolt electronic throttle control light come on when I was driving and my car would not accelerate. I had to pull over and restart. it ram fine for a couple of minutes then happened again. The restart made it run again but it is a problem. What can I do?

Old 09-25-2019, 09:55 AM
JOHN ADAMS

I had the same problem & i removed throttle body & gave it a very good clean Which seems to have cured it. I am assuming that it was sticking to the gunk inside.

Old 10-05-2019, 08:39 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Our 09 did the same thing. I cleaned the throttle body and it has run great every since. I think that the throttle blade gets hung up on the buildup just enough to irritate the PCM so it goes into limp mode as a safety thing, so that it won’t hang open and cause even more problems.

The following users liked this post:
dbrock4112 (09-04-2021)
Old 09-04-2021, 01:13 AM
dbrock4112
Default Help! At idle the red lightning bolt comes on

[ when at idle the red lightning bolt comes on as well as the bas light. Occasionally it will go off when driving however I have replaced the electronic throttle body the MAF sensor a new battery I just need to know what the heck to do now any recommendations would help if anybody has had this issue the next step I know to take is to replace the PCM that controls the ETC. Help! All I have to do is turn off ignition and start it back up the light goes away for awhile until it pops back on.

Last edited by dbrock4112; 09-04-2021 at 01:15 AM.
Old 09-06-2021, 12:05 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

Have you pulled codes from the vehicle? I would start with that. Also when you replace the throttle body. Did you have a wiring kit with the new Body? Because there is an updated throttle body and wiring kit.

Quick Reply: electronic throttle control light caliber