Dodge Caliber The new sporty Dodge Caliber is a hatchback that replaces the Dodge Neon. The Dodge Caliber is here to stay!

Dodge Caliber.....booo!

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2006, 01:20 AM
dubvipers
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Dodge Caliber.....booo!

I LUV IT! it's a nice sporty little car and if you don't like it, then why don't you write to dodge co. and pursuade them?

Old 03-09-2006, 03:37 PM
DodgeInfoCenter
Professional

Hi There ...
Dustyloins, You are absolutely right! I mentioned before, to really admire and appreciate the Dodge Caliber, you have to see it in person. It’s just not the same in pictures. I found with experience, that it’s sportier in person then viewing pictures.
And with all these creative features it holds, I feel this vehicle is definitely hard to pass up!
musclecarneon … I’m just curious, have you seen the Dodge Caliber in person?

Kelly S

Old 03-10-2006, 04:27 AM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't think it would matter if he saw it in person... He is too upset about losing the Neon...

Old 03-13-2006, 12:17 PM
DodgeInfoCenter
Professional

I'm sorry to hear that, I wish there was something that I could do to help [sm=confused06.gif]
If your interested musclecarneon, you can contact our Daimler Chrysler Customer Assistance Center. They handle complaints regarding DCX dealerships, as well as product complaints. Their number is 1-800-992-1997. They are open Monday - Friday 8am till 5pm EST. Hope this helps.

Keep me posted.

Kelly S

Old 03-15-2006, 06:19 PM
DCXgageman
Veteran

Hey Kelly S,

The SRT-4 should have AWD as an option. I would gladly pay $2,000-$4,000 for an American made product that can whip on the WRX and EVO. Without AWD it is just a pretender, 300 hp and FWD, coming out of a tight corner, will be spanked by the AND imports.

While DCX went for all out performance (best in class, the TOP of the class) with all of the SRT-8's, and the SRT-10's (Viper has ruled for 13 years, until the Z06 this year), why did they decide to go after Ions, Cobalts, Civics, Matrix's, etc. instead of the top class getters of the EVO and WRX?

I know there were mules, did they not perform well enough to after the AWD turbo imports?

Old 03-15-2006, 09:19 PM
04StratusR/T
Veteran

Well I think as pointed out before, Chrysler may not have an AWD system that will hold up to 300HP/267 lb ft torque and not break. So if this is true, they'd have to develop a high performance version of AWD to work with the Caliber SRT-4, and probably the other SRT models. Maybe they're already in the process of doing this, who knows!

Old 03-16-2006, 08:51 AM
DCXgageman
Veteran

Like I said, there were mules and the components were developed. The issue is they were prototyped and they do not seem want to want to outsorce these parts, only use the parts bin. Is it too small of a batch run? Still, I would pay the extra, it is worth it to me.

Old 03-16-2006, 10:17 AM
DCXgageman
Veteran

I was thinking about it, the parts were probably sorced from the AWD 300/Mercedes parts bin. I don't know, maybe there was an issue with room. I have just been looking for a reasonable reason. Cost? It would still be less than the EVO or WRX. So my thought is that it still couldn't keep up with the imports.

Old 03-16-2006, 10:36 AM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

They've done it before (AWD 300 hp+) and will in the future with Charger, Magnum and 300C models. Possibly the new Avenger.

Old 03-16-2006, 12:44 PM
shiltz
Captain

They current do have an AWD system that could easily handle the SRT-4's output, the one in the Magnum R/T AWD and 300C AWD, both have 340hp & 390lb.-ft, the problem though is likely that that system won't fit in the Caliber.

Quick Reply: Dodge Caliber.....booo!