Dodge Caliber The new sporty Dodge Caliber is a hatchback that replaces the Dodge Neon. The Dodge Caliber is here to stay!

Dodge Caliber.....booo!

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2006, 02:39 PM
lotharamc
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Dodge Caliber.....booo!

I have seen the Caliber in person, and I still think it is just OK. I don't know, but if they don't put the 18" wheels (or whatever size those are on the pictured, and shown cars) on every one of them there will be some funky looking Calibers running around. It will be similar to what Chevy did with their full sized pickups and Colorados. They look alright when they are all duded up, but get a stripped down model and they look like crap.

Old 03-16-2006, 05:17 PM
DodgeInfoCenter
Professional

Thanks Guys for your posts

There has been lots of feedback regarding AWD on the Dodge Caliber SRT4. Let me provide you with the Outside Suggestion web address, https://www.osow.daimlerchrysler.com...est/Welcome.do
You are able to write your thoughts and suggestions directly to DCX. At the same time, I do record all comments and feedback. But, every little bit couldn't hurt

I would also like to bring to attention, that at this time, we have not received official information on the 2007 Dodge Caliber SRT4. When pricing and equipment information is released, we will be informed then, if there will be an AWD.

Unfortunately right now, its too early to see the future

If there are any questions please let me know.

Kelly S

Old 03-16-2006, 06:03 PM
DCXgageman
Veteran

Kelly S,

Please notice that I posted the spec sheet for the SRT-4 on Feb. 8. Yeah, it is a prelim. but I have never seen a major spec like FWD to AWD get changed. Maybe a color or interior pattern change, but never drive line specs (except for reduced HP on the GR. Cher. when it got the hemi).

I'm just saying if DCX wants to be taken seriously by the import tuner crowd, they need to go after the top dogs, WRX and EVO. DCX made a decision to go with the "cheapest car under" advertising/promotion again. Whatever.

Old 03-17-2006, 01:58 PM
DodgeInfoCenter
Professional

DCXgageman, I did read over the spec sheet you posted on Feb 8 for the Dodge Caliber SRT4.
If I may ask, where about did you find this from? The reason why I ask is because I’m not able to comment on non-Daimler Chrysler information [sm=icon_quiet.gif] Here at the Dodge Information Center, we have not received these facts yet.
At the same time, let me apologize for my wording, and any confusion … as the word is out, the Dodge Caliber SRT4, is coming out with FWD. What I meant to initiate was, we can’t predict the future, they may come out with an AWD, something we can keep an eye out for [sm=smiley2.gif]

Thanks ...

Kelly S

Old 03-21-2006, 01:29 AM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Kelly, yes the spec sheet came directly from DaimlerChrysler Media. It was a PDF and was re-written so it could be posted.

However, DaimlerChrysler has not yet officially said anything about it being FWD or AWD...

Old 03-22-2006, 01:42 PM
DodgeInfoCenter
Professional

Yup it is from DCXMedia site, unfortunately, a site I am not able to comment on. However, keep in mind that this is a ‘Preliminary Specification Sheet’, things can change. Official specification information on the 2007 Dodge Caliber SRT4 has not been released to us.

Viewing www.dodge.com, and clicking on www.drivesrt.com, this is what I am able to provide at this time and reference from regarding the Dodge Caliber SRT4. My apologies.

Thank you though, for providing this information.

Kelly S

Old 03-22-2006, 03:37 PM
musclecarneon

I had a look at one just the other day and I still think they're s**t compared with the neon. The styling is screwy ... look at that back end with all those funky weird angles. And why the heck are they making their economy car an SUV? They should have a small car AND a small SUV, like Toyota's Corolla and RAV4 or Ford's Taurus and Escape. What the heck ...

Old 03-22-2006, 03:54 PM
VulnoX
Professional

Why oh why do people insist on calling it an SUV. What about it makes it an SUV? If you say hatchback, then I feel for you. There were hatchbacks decades before there were what we know as SUV's.

The vehicle does not have 4x4, which is a trademark of many SUV's.

It is not built on a truck frame, which is the norm for 90% of SUV's.

Its overall size is nearly identical to the Neon, so it is still a compact.

It is not meant to be an Escape competitor, the Escape is a whole different beast, and I can say this since there is one in our driveway.

It is still a small car people, it still has four doors, but instead of a trunk it has a hatch, more like the Focus Wagon, which is still a compact.

SO PLEASE STOP WITH THE POOR LABELING! The Neon was not selling well, so it was replaced with a totally new vehicle, it was a smart business move, the Neon is dead, for now at least, nothing more to see here, move on.

Old 03-22-2006, 04:12 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

This car is still a knock off Focus with a Magnum styled front and rear end.....I'm sorry....but I'll pass on this car...

I'll be more then happy to take the motor though

Old 03-23-2006, 05:34 AM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: VulnoX

Why oh why do people insist on calling it an SUV. What about it makes it an SUV? If you say hatchback, then I feel for you. There were hatchbacks decades before there were what we know as SUV's.

The vehicle does not have 4x4, which is a trademark of many SUV's.

It is not built on a truck frame, which is the norm for 90% of SUV's.

Its overall size is nearly identical to the Neon, so it is still a compact.

It is not meant to be an Escape competitor, the Escape is a whole different beast, and I can say this since there is one in our driveway.

It is still a small car people, it still has four doors, but instead of a trunk it has a hatch, more like the Focus Wagon, which is still a compact.

SO PLEASE STOP WITH THE POOR LABELING! The Neon was not selling well, so it was replaced with a totally new vehicle, it was a smart business move, the Neon is dead, for now at least, nothing more to see here, move on.
Exactly... I totally agree...

Quick Reply: Dodge Caliber.....booo!