Dodge Caliber The new sporty Dodge Caliber is a hatchback that replaces the Dodge Neon. The Dodge Caliber is here to stay!

Pics of my Caliber R/T

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2006, 12:57 PM
04StratusR/T
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Pics of my Caliber R/T

I'm guessing that the radio antenna is embedded into the back liftgate window like the Dodge Charger, Magnum, and Chrysler 300? If so, thats very nice. I stupid looking metal rod sticking up on any car is ugly looking and window embedded is a much nicer.

Old 03-26-2006, 01:48 PM
VulnoX
Professional

ORIGINAL: 04StratusR/T

I'm guessing that the radio antenna is embedded into the back liftgate window like the Dodge Charger, Magnum, and Chrysler 300? If so, thats very nice. I stupid looking metal rod sticking up on any car is ugly looking and window embedded is a much nicer.
Oh ho ho, you wish. It is sticking up on the pass. side and is not a very stiff antenna IMO because it was shaking quite a bit on the drive home last night. But, it is at an angle/position where you cannot see it much, and to be honest I did not notice it was there through my entire time of ownership up until that time yesterday driving home. So I do not believe it is a major issue.

Also, I hate those antenna built into the window things. Dont try to use an FM Modulator in your car ever, because outside of worse reception, if you turn on your rear-defrost, goodbye signal HELLOOOO static.

Ewww...

Old 03-26-2006, 01:52 PM
04StratusR/T
Veteran

I'd have to say that my Stratus R/T has the worst radio reception I've ever seen. No stations at all come in clear and my iTrip for my iPod Mini has some really crappy reception.

Old 03-26-2006, 02:30 PM
VulnoX
Professional

Thats odd. Well one thing is that the iTrip is terrible, it only gets sales because its such a well known name. My Kensington Digital FM Modulator used to work perfectly in my Explorer. The only static I ever got was this one spot by my work where the local high school was transmitting on 87.9 (the best station to use because it cannot be used by commercial radio stations, there are actually only two registered users of the 87.9 in the country)

Old 03-26-2006, 03:01 PM
04StratusR/T
Veteran

Well eventually, I won't have to worry about the iTrip thing after I get my Caliber as I can just plug it into the Audio in port on the front of the radio, and/or possibly later on, get the iPod integration package.

Old 03-27-2006, 12:30 AM
whoosh
Champion

ORIGINAL: MidnightBlueNeon

I don't like it either Sinan... As soon as I bought that car, i would take that thing out... Completely just pokes out at you and does not fit well...
Yeah, I know, (note smilies) the red doesn't look good with the silver, with other, more matched colors, it'd look cool.

Quick Reply: Pics of my Caliber R/T