Dodge Caliber The new sporty Dodge Caliber is a hatchback that replaces the Dodge Neon. The Dodge Caliber is here to stay!

Caliber vs. Mazda3 5-door

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2006, 02:30 AM
300ZXSRT4
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Caliber vs. Mazda3 5-door

[quote]I route for Chrysler cars. I've given up on GM.

How noble of you......

[quote]Again, my entry into this thread is obvious

Obvious to whom?.....

[quote]Everything I have said has been supported by one source or another.

What sources? Magazines? You will have to learn that experience is more valuable than anything you will read out of a magazine.

[quote]But giving up when facts support me simply isn't an option.

At some point in your life (hopeful now) you will realize that people are going to like whatever they want and do whatever they want and your "opinion" means nothing. What kind of car do you own by the way?

Old 04-13-2006, 02:52 AM
Dakota_24

300zxsrt4 is right, DaimlerChrysler is a combo-owned company; with majority German. To answer your question 300zxsrt4; the Caliber is U.S. made.

To savvy: Your "data" from your magazines; dont mean schiznit! Most of what they said is personal opinion,not GOSPEL! But kudos to you for believeing everthing you read! Here's to you SMART GUY[sm=loser.gif]!

Old 04-13-2006, 06:31 AM
savvy

I drive/own a Mazda3, so it's obvious to people that don't have literacy issues.

What most of you think I see when I do homework -

"Mazda has really pretty colors with neat looking wheels."

What I see when I do homework -

"Turning radius _________"
"0-60 _________________"
"Slalom deviation________"
"Breaking Distance_______"

etc.

Yes I depend on magazines, I depend on Speed TV, forums like this one. I depend on data. You tell me, what will generally turn out well in the long run, "Hey that car looks cool so I'll buy it.", or data driven decisions.

I don't give a damn about perceived nobility. My statements about my familial ties to Chrysler should (using logic) counter the argument that I am just here to bash.

I know people are going to "like what they like". I got that long before you came here, but the name of the thread should show why I came in armed with knowledge about the quality and longevity of these cars. I've driven all three of them.

People liked the look of the XR4TI, does that mean that because I think it looks good, it's that much less of a POS? There is a superior and inferior product out there. Neon proved itself to be inferior, just like the Sundance and Omni before it. Just simply playing the numbers game strongly implies that the Caliber will fail too. Again I hope I"m wrong, but the odds say I won't be.

Old 04-13-2006, 01:32 PM
300ZXSRT4
Captain

ORIGINAL: savvy

I drive/own a Mazda3, so it's obvious to people that don't have literacy issues.

"0-60 _________________"

etc.

Yes I depend on magazines, I depend on Speed TV, forums like this one. I depend on data. You tell me, what will generally turn out well in the long run, "Hey that car looks cool so I'll buy it.", or data driven decisions.

I don't give a damn about perceived nobility. My statements about my familial ties to Chrysler should (using logic) counter the argument that I am just here to bash.

I know people are going to "like what they like". I got that long before you came here, but the name of the thread should show why I came in armed with knowledge about the quality and longevity of these cars. I've driven all three of them.

People liked the look of the XR4TI, does that mean that because I think it looks good, it's that much less of a POS? There is a superior and inferior product out there. Neon proved itself to be inferior, just like the Sundance and Omni before it. Just simply playing the numbers game strongly implies that the Caliber will fail too. Again I hope I"m wrong, but the odds say I won't be.

I can't believe you actually came on the forum at 3 in the morning. Haha

So the the Caliber is POS, point taken.

One question; were you actually thinking about turning radius, 0-60, slalom deviation and breaking distance when walked through the doors of the dealership to purchase a Mazda 3??

Old 04-13-2006, 02:15 PM
savvy

When I first walked through the doors, no. I was thinking about those things before I signed by the "x". Shopping for a big ticket item like a car is a several weeks (even months) long proposition for me.

I never said the Caliber was a POS. I said the Neon, Sundance and Omni were, and I find it hard to believe that Dodge would just suddenly start making a better compact in the form of Caliber. It's not reasonable. Does it sound reasonable to you? When you add this to the fact that most publications have hardly raved about this thing, I told the original poster that it's a "no-brainer". That's when everyone on here went ape-****e. Maybe I should change my name on here from "Savvy" to "3D". Data Driven Decisions. Then maybe they would understand why I said the things I said.

Well in this time zone it was more like one something. I just got back from an evening out with friends, and I wasn't ready to go to sleep.

Old 04-14-2006, 11:36 PM
smokemycork

man, i came in here originally to talk about my caliber and how much i LOVE it. im getting tired of reading a bunch of little girls bitching at each other.

Old 04-14-2006, 11:36 PM
smokemycork

man, i came in here originally to talk about my caliber and how much i LOVE it. im getting tired of reading a bunch of little girls bitching at each other.

Old 04-15-2006, 12:31 AM
savvy

Then stay out of the beauty shop.

Old 04-15-2006, 01:09 AM
04StratusR/T
Veteran

I think this thread can be locked if possible....

Its obviously going no where and just keeps rambling on about nothing.....

Old 04-15-2006, 03:03 AM
caliberer

ORIGINAL: savvy

"0-60 _________________"

etc.

Savvy,

With all your focus on logic and homework talk etc, I highly suggest you take a step back - even further - and ask yourself why you are spending so much time/effort and not realizing that you are asking a question anologous to 'Orange vs Grape fruit - which one is better and why?'.
I find it difficult to believe that you honestly expect some kind of resolution to this ridiculous question. I would be tempted to give you credit if your intention was to insight a heated discussion. However there is a simplemindedness displayed in using a forum such as this to degrade Dodge products and then expect some sort of validation. This thread has ran its course and its exhausted whatever objective it was intended to fulfill. Lets move on.

Oh, one more thing - DON'T purchase the Caliber. I guarantee that you will be an unhappy owner. There is a psychological aspect of appreciating a car/brand that you simply lack when it comes to Dodge - and for that I feel sorry for you. Here's to wishing you good luck in whatever you settle for!

Quick Reply: Caliber vs. Mazda3 5-door