Dodge Caliber The new sporty Dodge Caliber is a hatchback that replaces the Dodge Neon. The Dodge Caliber is here to stay!

Extra fees

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2006, 06:46 AM
Calibreath
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Extra fees

Can you give us any tips on getting a good deal?
ORIGINAL: srtommy

Tell them you want a copy of the invoice before you sign out. Make sure you get to see the original first. The paper should be clean and free of any copier black spots.

Old 04-07-2006, 01:52 PM
srtommy
Veteran

ORIGINAL: Calibreath

Yes. Be prepared. Know what kind of salesman you are dealing with. Work with a salesperson that really cares about your needs or wants. Don't take a car that you have to "settle" with. Let the dealership know that you understand they need to make money too, just not too much money. Be non-confrotational. Let the salesperson do his/her job. If you don't feel comfortable with someone, either walk away or ask for somebody else. Don't let someone else do the talking for you. Salespeople love "quarterbacks." Don't be offended if a dealer won't sell a car at a price. There are other dealerships. Make sure there are plenty of cars with what you want. If you go to a dealer and they have the only one in town but their price is too high and you want another dealer to get it at "your" price, they might not get it. There are dealers out there that try and get you in the door with low priced cars in the paper. They figure as long as they have you that they'll get you to buy a car at a higher price. All of the sudden things are different from the ad price. Keep in mind that all dealers aren't like this it's actually only a few in each area. Most dealers are willing to work with you but only if you want to work with them. Ask yourself if you really know what a good deal is on anything. You buy a shirt one day and the next month it's 50% off. Does that mean the clothing store "ripped" you off? No, because you agreed to buy it. A new or used car is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. But I will gaurantee you that the best time to buy is always today. Because that car may not be there tomorrow. Find the car you want before you get into dealings with anyone. When you find the car, walk into the dealrship and just tell them you want to buy that car but you want a fair deal for both parties. Don't walk in and say "anyone want to sell a car today?" Those people never actually buy one that day. Just let them show you the car, drive it to make sure it fits you. Then sit down and work out a fair deal between you and the dealer. Just remember you agree to every price on every car you buy or will buy so who ripped off who? The last time I held a gun to someone head, to make them buy a car, was never. I always let the customer say no, and we part friends. Fortunately I work at a dealer that is a non-negotiating, full disclosure, one price dealer.

Old 04-07-2006, 04:13 PM
Calibreath

Great! Thank you!
ORIGINAL: srtommy

ORIGINAL: Calibreath

Yes. Be prepared. Know what kind of salesman you are dealing with. Work with a salesperson that really cares about your needs or wants. Don't take a car that you have to "settle" with. Let the dealership know that you understand they need to make money too, just not too much money. Be non-confrotational. Let the salesperson do his/her job. If you don't feel comfortable with someone, either walk away or ask for somebody else. Don't let someone else do the talking for you. Salespeople love "quarterbacks." Don't be offended if a dealer won't sell a car at a price. There are other dealerships. Make sure there are plenty of cars with what you want. If you go to a dealer and they have the only one in town but their price is too high and you want another dealer to get it at "your" price, they might not get it. There are dealers out there that try and get you in the door with low priced cars in the paper. They figure as long as they have you that they'll get you to buy a car at a higher price. All of the sudden things are different from the ad price. Keep in mind that all dealers aren't like this it's actually only a few in each area. Most dealers are willing to work with you but only if you want to work with them. Ask yourself if you really know what a good deal is on anything. You buy a shirt one day and the next month it's 50% off. Does that mean the clothing store "ripped" you off? No, because you agreed to buy it. A new or used car is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. But I will gaurantee you that the best time to buy is always today. Because that car may not be there tomorrow. Find the car you want before you get into dealings with anyone. When you find the car, walk into the dealrship and just tell them you want to buy that car but you want a fair deal for both parties. Don't walk in and say "anyone want to sell a car today?" Those people never actually buy one that day. Just let them show you the car, drive it to make sure it fits you. Then sit down and work out a fair deal between you and the dealer. Just remember you agree to every price on every car you buy or will buy so who ripped off who? The last time I held a gun to someone head, to make them buy a car, was never. I always let the customer say no, and we part friends. Fortunately I work at a dealer that is a non-negotiating, full disclosure, one price dealer.

Quick Reply: Extra fees