Dodge Caliber The new sporty Dodge Caliber is a hatchback that replaces the Dodge Neon. The Dodge Caliber is here to stay!

musicgate power sound system

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 08:22 PM
ejfb1029
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: musicgate power sound system

Not to sound bad or anything, thats a form letter answer. You should know that the MusicGate option can't be a Mopar.com option, plus it would be an extremely expensive aftermarket option, installation of all the speakers, amp, subwoofer compartment in the rear with new side panel, new rear door panel and swing down speakers, would be very very expensive.

Old 06-12-2006, 11:18 PM
mahal3680
Veteran

Yeah Kelly, whats up with that reply? You of all people, should know thats not a mopar option...[sm=nono.gif]

Old 06-13-2006, 02:36 PM
DodgeInfoCenter
Professional

Sorry guys...my bad [sm=smiley9.gif] ... wrong choice of words.
The musicgate option is not an accessory through Mopar. I did post www.mopar.com for other ideas that may be useful to Adamsi.

In regards to speaking with your local DCX dealership, they may also have other options (aftermarket) and may have ideas to help as well, that I may not be aware of.

Once again my apologies...

Kelly S

Old 06-13-2006, 05:21 PM
TUNDRA_schumacher
Captain

No need to apologize

Old 06-13-2006, 06:37 PM
Me_also
Rookie

The base stereo comes with the jack because it won't play MP3's on CD.
The high end stereo's will play MP3 CD'S . Thats the trade off.

Old 06-13-2006, 07:27 PM
04StratusR/T
Veteran

I'd rather get the base stereo which has the Aux Input on it so I can plug my iPod Mini into it WITHOUT having to spend more money on an iPod Integration Kit.

Old 06-14-2006, 05:48 PM
Adamsi

thanks for the info Kelly S i appreciate it. I called the dealership and they tried to send me to some guy that isntall's steroe's locally just to put a sub in that little compartment and that isnt' what i'm looking for i'm looking to get the fold down speakers. cost and labour are not a factor to me a good friend of mine does car audio for a living.

thanks again.

Adam.

ORIGINAL: DodgeInfoCenter

Sorry guys...my bad [sm=smiley9.gif] ... wrong choice of words.
The musicgate option is not an accessory through Mopar. I did post www.mopar.com for other ideas that may be useful to Adamsi.

In regards to speaking with your local DCX dealership, they may also have other options (aftermarket) and may have ideas to help as well, that I may not be aware of.

Once again my apologies...

Kelly S

Old 06-14-2006, 06:10 PM
FtK Shadow
Professional

Adamsi,

Give this person a call. I get all my parts from him, and it looks like this is not an option to purchase as a kit, but I'll bet he can get the replacement parts for you like the rear hatch folding speakers and all the interior pieces you need. He is real good with this kind of stuff. Maybe even just buy the interior parts like the fold down speakers which you probably have to purchase the whole interior piece on the hatch and then use your own amp or something like that. Art is awesome, and willing to research this for you.

Art Kendrick
Henson Motor Sports
800-530-5337 and ask for Art in Parts Dept. ( they are a Dodge Dealer)
e-mail: artk@hensonmotors.com

Tell him Mike with DTW sent you. He has the best prices I have ever found.

Later

Mike

Old 06-14-2006, 10:44 PM
Adamsi

thanks Mike i appreciated the info i will be giving him a call in the next few days

ORIGINAL: FtK Shadow

Adamsi,

Give this person a call. I get all my parts from him, and it looks like this is not an option to purchase as a kit, but I'll bet he can get the replacement parts for you like the rear hatch folding speakers and all the interior pieces you need. He is real good with this kind of stuff. Maybe even just buy the interior parts like the fold down speakers which you probably have to purchase the whole interior piece on the hatch and then use your own amp or something like that. Art is awesome, and willing to research this for you.

Art Kendrick
Henson Motor Sports
800-530-5337 and ask for Art in Parts Dept. ( they are a Dodge Dealer)
e-mail: artk@hensonmotors.com

Tell him Mike with DTW sent you. He has the best prices I have ever found.

Later

Mike

Old 06-15-2006, 02:25 PM
S_Seymour04

I have a inferno red SXT with the sports and music gate package with the sunroof. I LOVE this car you can not go wrong with the sound system. My husband is upgrading his sound system in his truck and he brought my car to the audio shop so they can hear this sound system and they can't find a single reason to change a thing to it. It just kills my husband that my car HITS harder than his. The 6 disk changer is great to operate with the steering wheel controls. We have also used my car as the sound system at a party.

Quick Reply: musicgate power sound system