Dodge Caliber The new sporty Dodge Caliber is a hatchback that replaces the Dodge Neon. The Dodge Caliber is here to stay!

musicgate power sound system

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2006, 07:31 AM
caliberlover07
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: musicgate power sound system

When I ordered my car from the factory it was already in queue to be built so I was told they couldn't access the system to tell the factory the changes. I would have been nice to get when I got the car. I was told that if I purchased it right now from dodge it would cost like $1500 or something. But they said if you wait till there is a "kit" than it would be like $300. I'm not really an expert with car stereos and such so when the time comes I will go with the Boston Acoustics Music Gate system. In the future besides the musicgate I would like to get a sunroof put in and maybe a body kit for the car and that would be it for mods.

Old 09-07-2006, 08:28 PM
bolshoimac

I realize this post comes quite a bit late, but I figured I'd throw it out here in case anyone else comes by with the same issue. Keep an eye on eBay. Over the course of the last month or so, I've seen all kinds of components for Calibers on there, including factory stereos and the fold down hatch speakers.

Good Luck!

ORIGINAL: Adamsi

thanks for the info Kelly S i appreciate it. I called the dealership and they tried to send me to some guy that isntall's steroe's locally just to put a sub in that little compartment and that isnt' what i'm looking for i'm looking to get the fold down speakers. cost and labour are not a factor to me a good friend of mine does car audio for a living.

thanks again.

Adam.

ORIGINAL: DodgeInfoCenter

Sorry guys...my bad [sm=smiley9.gif] ... wrong choice of words.
The musicgate option is not an accessory through Mopar. I did post www.mopar.com for other ideas that may be useful to Adamsi.

In regards to speaking with your local DCX dealership, they may also have other options (aftermarket) and may have ideas to help as well, that I may not be aware of.

Once again my apologies...

Kelly S

Old 11-09-2006, 03:16 PM
caliberlover07
Professional

Lets all hope that in the future Dodge figures out that alot of people are willing to pay for the Musicgate sound system after market and that they come out with a kit at a reasonable price!

Old 11-12-2006, 04:33 AM
Hog54
Rookie

I didnt get the musicgate system but i can tell you the stock stereo system is really good.And atleast is has something the musicgate dont,the ability to plug your mp3 player iin and have a 1000 songs on hand,which i think is way better than playing just cds.

Old 11-12-2006, 04:40 AM
caliberlover07
Professional

I still find myself listening to a CD since I most do short trips in my car to and from work. I have only used the MP3 jack when I went on a long trip in the summer.

Old 12-01-2006, 12:16 PM
ozzman18

I have the musicgate sound system in a sxt sport and it has the mp3 jack, and the musicgate sound system is a good stereo system, i always tell my wife to turn it down, she plays hiphop not rock and roll, but when i put one of my cds in i crank it and it has a great surround sound.

Old 07-06-2007, 12:24 PM
Cip

my wife just got the sound gate in her sxt let me tell you it's very lound. We are not fliming an ICE CUBE VIDEO any time soonand any louder IMO is just obnoxious.

Old 07-14-2007, 04:43 PM
floompter

Just bought Caliber SE. The MusicGate system is great.
For the record, steering wheel audio controls aren't available in SE. This is a huge bummer ... currently looking for a way to retrofit s.w. from SXT package.

Old 11-18-2007, 02:27 AM
netentity
Default Check your options; many of them are factory only

There are very few options you can have installed after the fact on the Caliber. About the only thing you can really have installed after the fact is the engine block heater and maybe upgrade the stereo. Everything else has to come from the factory. You're also better off having all options come from the factory since factory installed options are warranted for 36K/3 yrs, dealer installed is warranted for 12K/1 yr.

I took delivery of my 2008 Caliber SXTthis morning. It was ordered with everything except for a stereo system upgrade and the smokers group. I opted for the Musicgate system so I could use the speakers as an outdoorPA system when I'm teaching on an outdoor range or open land where shooting is legal and I can back my vehicle up pretty close to the firing line.

CD changers are more apt to break than single CD players since there are more mechanical parts. I have no need for a CD changerwith myPalm Treo 700p. Any CDs I want to play I just rip to MP3s and copy them to an SD card and play them through theaux jack on the default stereo system via Pocket Tunes or TCPMP. I could also play them from my laptop and output them to the aux jack.

I'm going to play around with the Uconnect this weekend and get it paired with my Treo 700p.

I went through a local auto broker to get exactly what I wanted. The two dealers I started a dialog with on my purchase were doinking me around on options. Dealers try to sell you what they have on the lot.

The second dealer I started a dialog with coughed up a custom order quote a week after I gave my deposit to the broker. It did cost me more to go throughan auto broker but I got exactly what I wanted. I chock up the additional cost as the price of getting exactly what I want without having to call around to Dodge dealers within a day's drive of Vegas. The broker went through a Peoria AZ dealer to get it for me. It was delivered with only 4 miles on it and I left his office after signing the docs and getting the non-resident AZtemp operating permit taped to the rear window playing Howard100 on my 1 yr of free Sirius.

Old 10-07-2008, 03:58 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Mine sounds great with the 9 speakers w/sub and the REQ radio.
It's only $595 for the 09 cars.

Quick Reply: musicgate power sound system