Go Back  DodgeForum.com > Dodge Cars > Dodge Caliber
Reload this Page >

musicgate power sound system

Dodge Caliber The new sporty Dodge Caliber is a hatchback that replaces the Dodge Neon. The Dodge Caliber is here to stay!

musicgate power sound system

Old 06-24-2006, 04:25 PM
CaliberTim
Default RE: musicgate power sound system

Just bought a Caliber SXT this week. Black with the standard interior... Fog lights... Cruise. The stock stereo is quite good for an entry level system. However, since I am a music lover, I would like to upgrade my stereo. Anyone know if it's possible to upgrade to the Musicgate System?

Old 06-24-2006, 04:36 PM
CaliberTim

Oops!...Sorry, I just noticed that my question was answered a few posts up. Musicgate is NOT an after-purchase option...I will consider other ways to upgrade, starting with the speakers.

Now another question...those of you with the Musicgate system...does it include speakers in the dash? Just wondering because if I'm going to do my own upgrade I would like to put tweeters in the dash. I know there's none there now, but was curious if there's cut-outs already there for them.

Tim

Old 06-24-2006, 09:34 PM
mahal3680
Veteran

ORIGINAL: CaliberTim

Oops!...Sorry, I just noticed that my question was answered a few posts up. Musicgate is NOT an after-purchase option...I will consider other ways to upgrade, starting with the speakers.

Now another question...those of you with the Musicgate system...does it include speakers in the dash? Just wondering because if I'm going to do my own upgrade I would like to put tweeters in the dash. I know there's none there now, but was curious if there's cut-outs already there for them.

Tim
Yes, there are two speakers in the dash, uper left and right hand corners. As for the dash piece, there no cut outs. I'm pretty sure you can buy the dash piece with the speaker openings from your nearest D/C dealer. Hope this gives you a little more insight!

Old 06-25-2006, 01:13 PM
04StratusR/T
Veteran

ORIGINAL: CaliberTim

Just bought a Caliber SXT this week. Black with the standard interior... Fog lights... Cruise. The stock stereo is quite good for an entry level system. However, since I am a music lover, I would like to upgrade my stereo. Anyone know if it's possible to upgrade to the Musicgate System?
Those are questions you should ask your dealer BEFORE buying! Really, none of the paid options (such as MusicGate, Colored dash/seats, etc.) are available AFTER you purchase. Honestly, if I was a dealer, I wouldn't order ANY Caliber for stock on the lot without the MusicGate. It seems as if nearly everyone wants it and is an option available for any model Caliber.

Old 06-27-2006, 11:20 PM
ScaryFast

I'm most likely going to get a Caliber SXT in a few months so I've started looking around at stuff now. I'm into aftermarket stereos and the first thing I would do is replace the stock deck with my new Pioneer DEH-P6800MP but I don't know if this is doable with the Premium Sound System and Soundgate.

If you go to Crutchfield.com and pick your vehicle it will show you what they sell that is compatible with the car. If you choose the stock speaker package they will show a wire harness they sell that will adapt your aftermarket stereo to the car, but if you choose the premium speaker package the wire harness is not displayed. I wonder if it's just not compatible at all because of some wierd proprietary setup or if the wire harness to adapt that sound system just isn't available yet.

I really just want the soundgate :P but the extra speakers and the 8" subwoofer would go well with the dual 10" subs I would put in the car when I got it.

Does anyone know what's going on with the premium setup and aftermarket decks? would really appreciate any info.

Old 06-28-2006, 03:30 PM
mahal3680
Veteran

Sorry, wish I could help. I was going to put a Kenwood DDX-6019 7" touch screen navigational radio in, but opted for the Mopar navigational radio instead. Price wasn't an issue, but didn't want that after-market look, so I went with the Mopar. I paid just as much for the Mopar radio, which doesn't even play DVD's or have touch screen capabilty. Oh well, I guess you have to sacrifice one thong for another...

Old 07-02-2006, 07:51 PM
coleneb

Still waiting on mine ........ will let you know when I finally get it here

Old 07-03-2006, 12:18 PM
jongunz

Oh well, I guess you have to sacrifice one thong for another...
I hate having to sacrifice thongs.

Old 07-11-2006, 09:59 PM
mahal3680
Veteran

ORIGINAL: jongunz

Oh well, I guess you have to sacrifice one thong for another...
I hate having to sacrifice thongs.
[sm=yikesomg.gif]

Old 09-04-2006, 08:28 AM
caliberlover07
Professional

I dont have the music gate in my caliber. I plan in the future to get it. The basic model pounds a bit too. it distorts after about volume 30 of the 38. I tested the music gate sound system in the dealership on one of the cars and its pretty good.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: musicgate power sound system

Featured Sponsors

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: