Dodge Caliber The new sporty Dodge Caliber is a hatchback that replaces the Dodge Neon. The Dodge Caliber is here to stay!

Stalling!

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2006, 10:12 PM
tupmeier
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Stalling!

ORIGINAL: mindjello

Well I headed down to the dealer today with a copy of this forum and proceeded to speak with my car salesperson. he mentioned that he had one other customer that had the stalling problem except they had to have it towed in! Guess it wouldn't start again. Probably a different problem than what we've been experiencing. We both went to see a guy in nthe service department, not the service manager but another guy from AutoCanada. Does anyone know who these guys are? He is appearently the "head dude". I gave him all the info I had and explained the problems. He took everything and said they'd get back to me. So now I wait. I was wondering Thomas, are you able let us know the name of the dealer where you had the flash performed? This way if I get any grief from my dealer, Crosstown Motors in Edmonton, I could refer them to your dealer for more information. I'll keep you guys posted!

Thxs! Carl
Carl here is the info tell them to call Steve Sheridan at Johnston Chrysler phone 905-388-5598 and tell them that they just flasht my car and my name is thomas and my lost 9 vin numbers are 07D549113 so they can look up what they dit on it ,i hope tht helps

Old 09-30-2006, 04:03 AM
mindjello

Thanks Thomas, I will be following up with my dealer and hopefully we can get this straightened out soon. Thanks again and I'll keep the forum posted on what happens.

Old 10-04-2006, 04:07 PM
Caliber101

Hey tupmier the guy ran ur vin and said you havent had ur vehical in yet, and said there is no steve sheridan that works there, hes bull ****ting me what now. Sorry lol

Old 10-04-2006, 09:35 PM
tupmeier
Rookie

ORIGINAL: Caliber101

Hey tupmier the guy ran ur vin and said you havent had ur vehical in yet, and said there is no steve sheridan that works there, hes bull ****ting me what now. Sorry lol
this guy is full off bull here show him this ,what ohter prove he needs

[IMG]local://upfiles/43270/80EAE2D0BA524A43875B41099AE8BA2E.jpg[/IMG]

Old 10-05-2006, 07:09 PM
Caliber101

Tupmeier dude you live near my moms place. lol Thanks for the invoice ill show it to them

Old 10-05-2006, 11:49 PM
tupmeier
Rookie

no proplem hope its helps

Old 10-06-2006, 02:03 AM
mindjello

Hey all,

Well I had the dealer admit to me (verbally and in an email) that the Chrysler engineers are aware of the problem and that they expect a further flash update in November sometime ( as was noted in a previous post). They took the car today and did a flash update and it seems to be running smoother. We'll drive it over the long weekend and let you all know how things work out and if we see a difference in our mileage. Thanks for all your help Thomas and George and be sure to talk to your respective dealers in Late November to see if the new update has been released, I know I will. All I can suggest to those that are still having problems with their dealer is to be persistant, and give them as much information as you can. It also helps to get your salesperson on your side, they can't fix the problem but they can help put pressure on the service manager.

Old 10-06-2006, 04:31 PM
Tigerr

I just find it very wierd that most Caliber problems so far (Caliber Click, 1.8L Stalling, etc.) require us to prove to the dealer that it is a problem. What ever happened to the days of going to the dealer, and they diagnose your problem. Why do we have to go as far as bringing in somebody elses invoice or tech summary to show the dealer how to fix a problem. It's obvious that a new car will have glitches. But if they never get reported then they never get fixed.

Old 10-06-2006, 08:00 PM
tupmeier
Rookie

ORIGINAL: Tigerr

I just find it very wierd that most Caliber problems so far (Caliber Click, 1.8L Stalling, etc.) require us to prove to the dealer that it is a problem. What ever happened to the days of going to the dealer, and they diagnose your problem. Why do we have to go as far as bringing in somebody elses invoice or tech summary to show the dealer how to fix a problem. It's obvious that a new car will have glitches. But if they never get reported then they never get fixed.
i guess in the older days they would just try to find the proplem but if they cant find anything wrong with it they send you on your way ,coupler month down the road there comes a recall and thinks get fixes,but now in the age of internet we find out about proplems much quicker then the dealer himself and thats where you need some kind of prove that this is a comon think also i dont know of how many report there proplems to chrysler ,i dit. ,and then it takes time for chrysler to come up with a solution ,i guess thats why we need to have something when we see the servise department ,cheers Thomas

Old 10-06-2006, 09:59 PM
Me_also
Rookie

In all fairness to DCX we probably discussed this problem amongst ourselves before they knew about it,
and since the 1.8 wasn't built much before June I think they as a company did a good job of working on the problem and trying to get a solution. That said I believe there communications with the Service Departments is slow and sucks. That's why they keep saying nothing is wrong beause we as a group are already informed but they have to wait for DCX communication to catch up.
And sadly but not least some Service People are Scared to death to flash a car and have a problem that renders the car inoperable.
Like flashing the BIOS on your computer if there's a problem the machine can become junk. But a lot of that is inexperiece with the new age of computers and cars it will get better (I hope)
Just my two cents worth. Remember we are talking about a new model and quite a few things need to be Ironed out they are doing there best we are just a little impatient some thimes because for us our problem should take presidence.

Quick Reply: Stalling!