Dodge Caliber The new sporty Dodge Caliber is a hatchback that replaces the Dodge Neon. The Dodge Caliber is here to stay!

Stalling!

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2006, 06:48 PM
dinsdale8
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Stalling!

Hey tupmeier! Whatever it was you sent to bbun please send to me!!

I ordered a Caliber Straight Shift and never got to drive one until it came in. Immediately I could tell something was wrong with the accelerator but they said give it the 1000 mile break-in. Then they said everything checked out and the computer was supposed to automatically "adjust" to my driving style! How stupid, I asked what would happen if someone else drove it and I got a blank look. Anyway I have struggled with stalling and last week they said they had a service bulletin that said it needed an oil change. OF course, it has done the same thing since the beginning so that wasn't going to work (and it didn't)! Today they said a flash was coming someday, they didn't know when.

If you have info that can help I would appreciate it!! Thanks

Old 10-30-2006, 10:03 PM
mindjello

Hey all,

Well it's been about 3 weeks or so since they appearently did a flash update and the car isn't running any better. I'm beginning to think they didn't do anything and just changed the oil. I still understand that there is ssupposed to be an offical flash upgrade released in November. If anyone hears about it out please post. I'm still in contact with my dealer and service dept and hopefully i can get my Caliber running as good as some of you have got yours to run.

Old 11-03-2006, 01:22 PM
dinsdale8

Apparently my Caliber already has the latest updates so there is nothing they can do until the "flash" or chip or whatever comes out. Obviously the original problem must be really bad if what I have now is better!

Old 11-03-2006, 09:39 PM
mindjello

Ok folks, I got an email from my service guy and after I gave him my VIN, again, he wrote, and I quote: "There is a new update flash for that concern". I almost think they did nother the first time except change the oil. Anyway, I booked the car in for next thrusday and I'll let you all know what happens. Hopefully we'll see a huge improvement!

Old 11-04-2006, 01:07 AM
tupmeier
Rookie

to dinsdale8 ,i dont realy no what to say to that ,when was your car build????? and to mindjello ,please let us know how thinks go,cheers thomas

Old 11-05-2006, 02:28 PM
Hog54
Rookie

I was just at my Dodge dealer getting my first oil change and i asked the service manager who is a friend of mine and he has never heard of any flash and told me he hasnt even had anybody come in with that complaint yet.

Old 11-05-2006, 04:24 PM
tupmeier
Rookie

the flash is only for the 1.8 5 speed manual ,soory not for the 2.4 ,and your dealer is right i havent heard from anyone who has a 2,4 ,that they have a proplem with stalling ,all the ohter forums out there talking only from the 1.8 ,soory to here,cheers thomas

Old 11-06-2006, 05:24 AM
Hog54
Rookie

I wasnt asking about mine,Its fine.I eas just asking if he heard about it.

Old 11-06-2006, 10:04 AM
tupmeier
Rookie

ORIGINAL: Hog54

I wasnt asking about mine,Its fine.I eas just asking if he heard about it.
ups,Soory

Old 11-06-2006, 03:28 PM
MissmyMatrix

Bought a 1.8L manual in May and have been regretting it since.

I have an appointment on 11/8 to get my first oil change, emissions recall work and I've alerted the dealership to the stalling issue. Mine stalls about daily and I have almost run into buildings because it likes to stall while I'm cornering. Has anyone had success in getting the flash update in the USA? The addresses I saw in the previous posts were Canadian. Would somone please tell me how to get this update or where the service department can find the information in the system, I'm not familiar with the initials that were previously posted and I want to be as prepared as possible when I go to the appointment. If this doesn't get resolved shortly my husband insists we get rid of it. My first car was a Dodge so it's really disappointing all the problems I've had already.

Quick Reply: Stalling!