Dodge Caliber The new sporty Dodge Caliber is a hatchback that replaces the Dodge Neon. The Dodge Caliber is here to stay!

Stalling!

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2007, 12:07 PM
bigtsr
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Stalling!

There is a TSB# 18-039-06 that covers the problem with the block heater
generating the MIL engine fault

18-039-06
Engine Controls - MIL On and or DTC P0116 and or ECT Sensor
last resort change dealers or call DCX customer service and complain LOUDLY
about poor service.

Old 01-15-2007, 01:50 PM
mindjello
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks!

I've sent the info to my service manager and I expect a call or email back. I'll keep you posted. Should this issue be posted as a topic as it's own?

Old 01-22-2007, 04:23 PM
mindjello

Low and behold, the service guy called the other day and said there was a fix and an update. We took the car in this morning and we'll see how it goes. i'll be plugging in the car over night to see if the light comes on again. Thanks for the info!

Old 01-23-2007, 01:54 AM
wizechatmgr

Anyone who ends up in a wreck over this, be sure to sue the hell out of the dealer as well as DCX.

DCX isn't stupid, they know certain (majority it seems) of dealers are too damn lazy to install the flash updates. The sad part is they should be able to flash both the PCM and the TCM in under 10 minutes.

I gave my dealer a choice, in the form of the lemon law brochure in my state along with the 15 pages of various repairs that didn't work. Suddenly not only did they have an interest in getting it fixed, they suddenly had a rental car available to me. That said, they were giving me same ration of sh** as they rest of you prior to this.

I guess I have a question now.... Who the heck would buy a car again from any of these dealers after dealing with this crap?

Also, Dodge does not manufacture that remote starter they sell, it is actually a certain company's aftermarket model minus the retail sticker on the side.

That bull with the block heater was noticed months ago, unsure why these dealers seem to be mentally retarded (no offense to those individuals whom live up to their full potential)

Quick Reply: Stalling!