Dodge Caliber The new sporty Dodge Caliber is a hatchback that replaces the Dodge Neon. The Dodge Caliber is here to stay!

Stalling!

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2006, 02:40 PM
dinsdale8
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Stalling!

My 1.8L was built August 5th - anything after July 25th already has the newer flash is what they said. After complaining to everyone I could think of the dealership suddenly decided they did have a "slightly" newer flash. It does seem somewhat better now but not where it needs to be.

Old 11-10-2006, 12:00 AM
mindjello

Hey all,

Well we got our car back today. They had it for 1/2 a day and it seems to be running a lot better. The RPM's don't dip down below 400 when you put the clutch in and with the cold weather it actually runs on high idle in the morning. It wasn't doing that before. It runs a bit rough when it's cold, but it's not dropping the RPM's and stalling so I'll take it. My work order quotes a TSB of 18-033-06. I've looked on other forums but can't seem to find out exactly what this TSB is about if anyone finds the wwording of this TSB perhaps post it or a link so that we can all read it. If anyone out there is still having trouble getting their dealer to acknowledge the problem perhaps quote this TSB number and see where it takes you.

Cheers!

Old 11-10-2006, 12:34 AM
tupmeier
Rookie

ORIGINAL: mindjello

Hey all,

Well we got our car back today. They had it for 1/2 a day and it seems to be running a lot better. The RPM's don't dip down below 400 when you put the clutch in and with the cold weather it actually runs on high idle in the morning. It wasn't doing that before. It runs a bit rough when it's cold, but it's not dropping the RPM's and stalling so I'll take it. My work order quotes a TSB of 18-033-06. I've looked on other forums but can't seem to find out exactly what this TSB is about if anyone finds the wwording of this TSB perhaps post it or a link so that we can all read it. If anyone out there is still having trouble getting their dealer to acknowledge the problem perhaps quote this TSB number and see where it takes you.

Cheers!

this is the tsb i found
8 - ELECTRICAL
08-016-06 REV. A Intermittent Operation Of Electrical Components Due To Ignition Off Draw (IOD) Fuse Not Being Fully Seated
08-027-06 Flash - Rear Wiper Stops Operating with Diagnostic Trouble Codes B231B And B2215
08-019-06 Speaker Static
08-017-06 StarSCAN® Vehicle Scan Report Availability
08-001-06 REV. A Erroneous Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC's)
08-11-00 RECORDABLE COMPACT DISC USED IN AUTOMOTIVE CD PLAYERS

14 - FUEL SYSTEM
14-004-06 Fuel Economy/Performance Operation Feature
14-001-06 Loose Fuel Cap Message or MIL Illumination for Diagnostic Trouble Code P0457 - EVAP System - Loose Fuel Cap

18 - VEHICLE PERFORMANCE
18-020-06 Flash: Warm Weather Spark Knock or DTC P2173
25-002-06 MIL Illumination P0456 - Evaporative System Small Leak
18-015-06 Flash: MIL Illumination P0071, P0139, P060F, Immobilizer Secret Key to WCM Transfer, and DTC P0522

21 - TRANSMISSION/TRANSAXLE
18-019-06 Flash: MIL Illumination - DTC's P0602, P167A, or P161B
21-013-06 Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT) Automatic Shifter Diagnostics

22 - TIRES/WHEELS
22-001-06 REV. A Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPM) Displays Dashes "--" When The Spare Tire Is Used

23 - BODY
23-029-06 Console Armrest Slides Too Easy Or Will Not Stay In Place
23-028-06 Clicking/Creaking Sound From Seat Or Looseness At Front Of Seat Cushion
08-032-06 Water (Drip) Marks on Rear Window
23-016-06 Lower Door Hinges Make Popping/Groan Sound At Cold Temperatures
23-014-06 Windshield Wiper Blade/Element Maintenance

25 - EMISSIONS CONTROL
25-002-06 MIL Illumination P0456 - Evaporative System Small Leak
yours is a new one ,could you post a copy of the dealers invoice to see what the tsb is for ,Thanks Thomas

Old 11-10-2006, 12:52 PM
mindjello

Thanks Thomas,

I've seen these before, as you can see the "latest" TSB list doesn't give the number of the one listed on my work order, guess we'll wait to see what it means once the new "latest" list is posted

Old 11-10-2006, 07:38 PM
tupmeier
Rookie

ORIGINAL: mindjello

Thanks Thomas,

I've seen these before, as you can see the "latest" TSB list doesn't give the number of the one listed on my work order, guess we'll wait to see what it means once the new "latest" list is posted
could you post a copy of that dealers invoice please ,thanks thomas

Old 11-16-2006, 05:07 PM
bbunn

Ok, Caliber is at the dealership today, supposedly they have recieved the new flash update this past Monday. They called and said it would not be ready today so I will have to wait until tomorrow to update the progress. They are also fixing my seat that pops and moves from time to time. I will post as soon as I can and if possible provide a copy of my invoice.

Old 11-17-2006, 12:33 AM
brandoncrone
Veteran

This is the 18-033-06 TSB. I only copoied and pasted the top portion with the info. It says in there it corrects the stalling when returning to idle. We'll see, my mother in-laws car has that problem. The title of the TSB is misleading for techs, wouldn't even know that it corrects that problem if you don't read the whole thing.

THE StarSCAN® FLASH FILES FOR THIS BULLETIN MUST BE RETRIEVED FROM
THE INTERNET.
UPDATE CD 6.05 WAS THE LAST CD TO CONTAIN FLASH FILES FOR StarSCAN.
StarSCAN® SOFTWARE LEVEL MUST BE AT RELEASE 7.02 SP1 OR HIGHER FOR
THIS BULLETIN.
SUBJECT:
Flash: MIL Illumination/Generator Lamp Illumination/Oil Pressure Lamp
Illumination/Driveability Improvements
OVERVIEW:
This bulletin involves selectively erasing and reprogramming the Powertrain Control
Module (PCM) and the Transmission Control Module (TCM) with new software and
performing a memory reset to clear the adaptive memory of the PCM.
CAUTION: VEHICLES (PM/MK) EQUIPPED WITH A CVT TRANSMISSION MUST HAVE
THE TRANSMISSION CONTROL MODULE (TCM) CHECKED FOR THE
LATEST SOFTWARE LEVEL WHENEVER THE PCM SOFTWARE IS
UPGRADED. IF NEWER TCM SOFTWARE IS AVAILABLE, IT MUST BE
INSTALLED.
MODELS:
2007 (JS) Sebring
2007 (PM) Caliber
2007 (MK49) Compass
NOTE: This bulletin applies to PM/MK models equipped with a 1.8L, 2.0L or 2.4L
gasoline engine (Sales Code EBA, ECN or ED3) built before October 24, 2006
(MDH 1024XX).
NOTE: This bulletin applies to JS models equipped with a 2.4L (Sales Code ED3)
with the condition of momentary (1 to 2 second) oil indicator lamp
illumination or flicker at idle and was originally addressed with RRT 06-048
Dated October 17, 2006.
NUMBER: 18-033-06
GROUP: Vehicle Performance
SYMPTOM/CONDITION:
Some customers may experience MIL illumination, Intermittent Generator Lamp
Illumination, Momentary (1 to 2 second) Oil indicator lamp illumination/flicker at idle or
momentary delay returning to idle after clutch actuation.
NOTE: Momentary oil lamp illumination at idle is due to oil pressure switch venting.
This will NOT cause engine damage. This condition is most noticeable when
the oil is hot, engine RPM is returned to idle and engine load from the power
steering system is quickly applied.
The technician may find one or more of the following DTC's or Symptoms:
· P0139 - O2 Sensor 1/2 Slow Response.
· P0700 - Transmission Control System (MIL REQUEST). This DTC is logged in PCM
and when TCM is checked, DTC's are not present.
· P063A - Generator Voltage Sense Circuit (Intermittent Generator Lamp Illumination).
· Momentary (1 to 2 second) Oil Indicator Lamp Illumination or Flicker at Idle
· Momentary Delay Returning to Idle when clutch is actuated (Vehicles Equipped with
2.4L Engine and Manual Transmission (Sales Code ED3 and DD7).
DATE: November 2, 2006

Old 11-20-2006, 11:47 AM
bbunn

Ok got the car back over the weekend. What a difference, runs smoother no more rough idle, no more stalling and more pickup. I took it to a different dealership than the one I bought it from due to the fact that they acted stupid to the fact. I am very happy with my caliber now.

Old 11-20-2006, 02:54 PM
tupmeier
Rookie

nice to see that you got it done finaly ,cheers thomas

Old 11-24-2006, 05:50 PM
johnnkf

Hi I'm a new member (joined about 5 minutes ago) and I'm enjoying my Caliber but I'm also having a problem with stalling! It seems that most of the people in this thread are referring to 5 speed manual transmission Calibers...but mine is 2.0L SXT Sport with automatic tranny! It's stalled about 5 times on me this month alone...usually when I'm making turns and I'm a pretty conservative driver so they are typically slow speed turns. It fees like someone has basically pulled the plug on the car and it just dies instantly and without warning! I was told to check my battery connections but they are as tight as they can be so I doubt the solution is that simple! At first I thought it was fluke but now that it's happened a few times it's starting to worry me! Especially, because last night I made a right turn on a busy expressway and it stalled! Thank the powers that be I had waited to turn on my green...but what if I had turned on a red - SMASH!!!
Has anyone had a similar problem with an auto tranny? And, has anyone had any success getting this resolved - what steps did you take to get the problem fixed? Please help.

Safe driving!
John

Quick Reply: Stalling!