Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

speedsensor ?????

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2007, 04:59 PM
vanmom2k7
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default speedsensor ?????

ok heres my problum, i was drining yesterday and all of a sudden my speedometer started to act all wacky like it started to jump around 180km to 20 km jus all ovr the place it did that for about 2 minuits.then went down to 0 km and stayed there..then my tranny started acting up it will go into park , reverse, 1 then 2 but wont go into drive i can only drive at about 50 km to 60 km not to sure excactly cause speedometer is not working....also when i slow down for light or to turn a cornor it sumtimes stalls...could this b the speedsensor and if it is , is it an exspencive part n can the average person fix it? btw i own a 2000 dodge caravan. Any advice would b helpful

Old 05-05-2007, 09:54 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 96 Likes on 81 Posts
Default RE: speedsensor ?????

Replace the output speed sensor and clear your codes. The output speed sensor is also used for the rolling door locks too. All you need is a one inch deep socket to replace the sensor.

Old 05-05-2007, 10:01 PM
dirtmover
Amateur

....and do the input sensor while your there. If you don't it'll likely fail within a few months. They cost $20-$30 a piece and are easy to replace. You can get to both from above by removing the air box. I found it a bit easier, however, to get to the output sensor from below.

Old 05-06-2007, 09:33 PM
tooleditor

I am having a similar problem to vanmom with my '91 B350 van. The rear speed sensor has been replaced 10K miles ago so I suspect the vehicle speed sensor (part no. 56022075). Where is it located? I want to check for a loose wire or possible corrosion first before replacing the unit, and of course I'll need to find it to replace it too. Thanks
PS. A wiring schematic to the unit would really be helpful too if anyone has it.

Old 05-07-2007, 10:03 PM
vanmom2k7

hey thank you every1...it was the sppedsensor, i replaced both input and output...was vry esy, took about a half hr to do=)everything is working fine again...for now lol...peace from canada =)

Quick Reply: speedsensor ?????