Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Clearing the TCM

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2008, 11:34 AM
floorslayer1
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clearing the TCM

Does anyone know if there is a way to reset the TCM. A Battery disconnect or MIL reset just clears the battery and does not clear the TCM (it will reset the MIL after 10 miles exactly). I don't have acccess to a computer that can access the TCM currently to clear it , so I was hoping some tech might know a way to reset it without having to doa quick learn or anything like that.

Old 01-20-2008, 11:43 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts
Default RE: Clearing the TCM

Once you have repair the problem that were having, disconnect the battery. Or could go to a autozone and have them ck and clear the codes for you. Or if you know someone at a dealer.

Old 01-21-2008, 11:08 AM
floorslayer1
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Master Tech, unfortunately all the parts places I have access to only have the basic DRB scanners and can't pull the TCM codes, they can only pull the ECM codes. For the last 10k(since the Mil due to TCM)the tranny shifts fine at all shift points etc.. I think a hard code was set due to low fluid and a solenoid pressure fault, which Ibelieve I corrected.Before I drive an hr to a shop that can help me , I was hoping to make sure it wasn't a basic thing.

Old 01-21-2008, 11:39 AM
Parts/Service
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Another thing to do is to un-hook both battery cables. Wait 5 minutes and touch the un-hooked battery cables together. This will reset all modules. Just make sure that the battery cables are unhooked !!!!!!

Quick Reply: Clearing the TCM