Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!
Old 08-05-2015, 07:39 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Exterior
Print Wikipost

Power Window - Switch or Motor, or both

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2013, 07:49 PM
RickMN
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Keep in mind that these motors work by reversing polarity and that's done in the switch. The power and ground flow through the master switch and passenger switch. Everyone suspects poor power when something doesn't work right, but most often it's a bad ground. The ground for the driver's switch is located on the left pillar and passenger switch on the right pillar. Clean those before you replace any other parts.

You could also do a voltage drop test between the driver's switch ground wire and the ground at the pillar. Same on passenger side.

If all that checks out and you've lubed the channels, I'd suspect a bad regulator. I've had a few of those.

Old 05-30-2014, 06:36 PM
TadgerGuy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 Dodge Caravan Power Window Issue

My 2002 driver side window dropped down into the panel. The motor is working as I can hear it when I move the switch up or down. Once I get the door panel off, is there anything specifically I should be doing to get the window back on its track?

Quick Reply: Power Window - Switch or Motor, or both