Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Brake scraping

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2008, 08:57 AM
jlziegler98
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake scraping

Hi everyone. I have a 2006 Dodge Caravan (about 25,000 miles) and here is the problem. A week ago I took it to a small shop for the yearly inspection. Everything was fine when I dropped it off.I picked it up after getting a clean bill of health from the mechanic. On the way home I heard some troubling noises. First there wasticking sound coming from the front left wheel and the rear right wheels. These are the wheels the mechanic supposedly pulled. The ticking sound sounds almost like what you'd expect when the hubcap isn't fitting right and it is popping against the tire. Anyway, thats not all. Next the brake pedal is pulsing when you apply the brakes. When you do apply the brakes you also hear a scaping noise, kind of what you hear when the pads need replaced. This sound iscoming from the same two wheel mentioned above. My thought is that if I did need brake pads and shoes, wouldn't that have been picked up at inspection time? Supposing the mechanic didn't really pull the wheels (just put on the sticker, which is not out of the realm of possibility) doesn't the timing seem coincedental. What are people's thoughts on what could be wrong with my van. I have two 15 month old twin daughters and I want to be sure the vehicle is safe. Thanks for your help.

Jeff

Old 03-18-2008, 12:00 AM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts
Default RE: Brake scraping

I would either go to other shop or pull the wheels off and ck them. If the brakes are grinding into the rotors, take picture with dates on them. Then go back to the shop that put the sticker on the van, and have the shop replace the brakes at no charge or you will take them to the B.A.R. Which in turn if they go out to the shop, the owner could end up paiding very large fine.

Quick Reply: Brake scraping