Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

96 Grand Caravan Strange crunching sound

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2008, 04:56 PM
freekie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 96 Grand Caravan Strange crunching sound

I own a 96 Grand Caravan. Accelerating from stop in either direction forward or backward, or hard turns I hear this like crunching sound coming from the Front Right. I have replaced the CV shaft on the right with no luck. I replaced the hub / bearing assembly on same side with no luck. What else could this be? It only happens if I accelerate rapidly from a stop. My driveway is on a steep slope and when I back out of it Ill hear the crunching also as I try to accelerate out of the driveway. There is no noise when driving along only at turns and taking off. Any help would be appreciated before I start throwing more money at it trying to find it.

Old 05-08-2008, 10:57 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts
Default RE: 96 Grand Caravan Strange crunching sound

Could be a sway bar link or bushings, also ck the spring on the strut could be hitting the strut support on the body.

Old 05-09-2008, 09:29 AM
freekie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 96 Grand Caravan Strange crunching sound

THanks for the suggestions. What about upper strut mount and upper bearing? Could that possibly be the problem as well?

Quick Reply: 96 Grand Caravan Strange crunching sound