Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

04 Grand Caravan Sxt Heater/ A/c Problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2009, 07:14 AM
shastylz
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well it was the resistor after all.. thanks for everybodys help on this

Old 01-10-2009, 11:48 AM
RicksTrucks
Default same problem

I have a 2004 with the same problem. What exactly did you replace - where is it located.

I checked mine and there is power always coming from one of the two terminals, when the ignition is on, that the fan plugs into. When I plug the fan plug in, then there is power to both connectors, whether the fan is turned on or not.

Old 01-11-2009, 06:23 AM
shastylz

Yeah it will still have juice to it but its telling the motor not to spin so i replaced the resistor. It is located behind the glove box with the two terminals that you just tested to see if there was juice unplug those terminals and then there are two 5/16 screw on each side of that resistor once you take out the screws it just comes right out and thats the resistor. once you get the new just put it back into where the old came out of plugs in the terminals and put your glove box back and if it is the same exact problem you will have air coming from the vents.. Just F.Y.I i paid $23.62 after tax for the resistor its a Dealer Item only

Quick Reply: 04 Grand Caravan Sxt Heater/ A/c Problem