Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Electrical problem...door locks and windows

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2009, 11:20 PM
smokem10
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electrical problem...door locks and windows

Ok, hello everyone...I am new to the site....I have been dealing with this problem with our grand caravan for at least a year.

2005 Grand Caravan with 108,000 miles...yes I know its alot of miles...the door locks will work for like a week, then won't work anymore. The remote won't work or the button in the car won't work. The windows will do the same thing, work for one week then won't. But the windows are wierd because both will work, then the passagers side won't but the drivers will, then the drivers won't and passengers will. Then they both don't work.
Once they don't work, I will unplug the battery for about 20 minutes, then plug it back...and everything will work again. Lately when I plug the battery back in the driver side sliding door lock won't work, but all the others will work.

So I know there is something wrong, so I have taken it to a electrical repair shop and he said that the actuators in sliding doors are bad and they keep blowing the door lock fuse. SO I need to get new actuators..and regarding the windows, he said it is the drivers side window motor keeps freezing up. He told me this the second I took it back because supposedly he fixed the problem the first time. SO when I told him that its been doing this for a long time and that I just unplug the battery then plug it in, he had no answer for that.

So can anyone help??? Any ideas of what could be the problem?? I am thinking it has to do with the PCM/Computer....

Please help...thanks

Rocky

Old 02-16-2009, 09:11 PM
magnam ti
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it is not the PCM it will be a BCM that is giving you the problem. you might need a update from the dealer for your BCM.
also on you locks pull the OID fuse in the PDC under the hood next to the driver side next to the battery. wait for about 5-10 sec and replace it back in your locks should work.

Old 02-17-2009, 12:04 AM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 94 Likes on 79 Posts

You may want to go to the dealer and have all modules updated. That would be a starting point. And be sure the IOD fuse is push all the way down.

Quick Reply: Electrical problem...door locks and windows