Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Weak leafs in 93 caravan, need a Solution

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2009, 12:01 AM
gexter
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Weak leafs in 93 caravan, need a Solution

I have a 1993 Caravan that I really enjoy having and I keep up with fixing it and try to nip things in the bud before they get really bad. The thing cost me very little to buy and while I have 350,000 klicks on it now it runs pretty darn good.
It was well maintained before I got it and I keep her going as well.
I was hoping someone would have a poor mans way of help those back leafs out. the little dodge is becoming quite the tail dragger and sits at least an inch or two lower in the back without any weight in it.
I was thinking new rear shocks with helper springs to raise it up and take some load off the leafs. It needs new shocks anyway so that was my idea.
anyone have a better idea?
I really am not up to replacing or building up the rear leafs that kinda stuff is a little too labor intensive for me now and to get someone else do it would be cost prohibitive.

I would also like to know how do you remove the plastic side panels that are all along the side of the van. I have to get at some rust spots before they get out of control.

Thanks

Old 04-30-2009, 12:13 AM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 93 Likes on 79 Posts

Have thought of air shocks. or pick a part for new leaf springs.

Old 04-30-2009, 11:16 AM
gexter
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by master tech
Have you thought of air shocks. or pick a part for new leaf springs.
Thanks Master Tech for the quick reply.

If I go pick a part I may be getting another pair of weak shocks and lots of labor for an old pair.
The air shocks did not cross my mind for the Caravan at all. I like the idea but think they might be more expensive than new leafs.

I will look into the air shocks and may as well look at a set of new leafs. if the leafs are cheaper I may as well bite the bullet. Not the way I wanted to spend a Saturday lol.

Any takers on removal of the trim panels on the lower half of the vehicle??? If not I will do a search and if I do not find anything I will start a new thread so its noticed for the topic.

Thanks
Gexter

Quick Reply: Weak leafs in 93 caravan, need a Solution