Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2001 Dodge Caravan SWB signal lights, gauges, and gauge lights are dead.

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2010, 11:24 AM
gregmoffatt
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 Dodge Caravan SWB signal lights, gauges, and gauge lights are dead.

I picked my daughter up from school and made my way through the rutted snowy roads. The under-body scraped some hard chunky snow and my signal lights, gauges, and gauge lights all quit. I looked online and checked and:
removed the IOD fuse for 20 seconds and replaced,
disconnected the battery and reconnected 10 minutes later,
and tried to get a look at the EMD to see if it was knocked by of hard snow, and so far nothing has worked.

Any suggestions?

Old 01-14-2010, 07:34 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 94 Likes on 79 Posts

If the van runs, i would have someone lift it up to find out what got knock loose.

Old 03-05-2012, 01:22 PM
who905

Same problem. No gauges, turn signals or flashers were working on my 2001 Caravan. Also the chime was fainter than normal. As per many other forums I pulled the instrument cluster but didn't see any problems. Was about to go to the wrecking yard for a BCM. Then I saw another post from a guy named "The Dude"on another forum. I removed the battery and flipped up the IPM fuse box under the hood and low and behold the wire going to the HZD fuse was corroded away.In the picture it is the connector on the bottom left.It is directly beneath the HZD fuse.I removed the corroded terminal added a short piece of wire and a new terminal. Hooked up the battery and all is back to normal !!!

Old 03-05-2012, 01:25 PM
who905
Default Fuse box Picture

Here is the picture.

Old 03-15-2012, 11:15 PM
fj5gtx
Record Breaker
Received 102 Likes on 95 Posts

ditto on the fuse box for my 2001... I cleaned the heck out of those connectors, still didn't work consistently. finally bought a new box from a mopar dealer online - fixed my issues. A bit expensive at 275!

Quick Reply: 2001 Dodge Caravan SWB signal lights, gauges, and gauge lights are dead.