Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

96 Grand Caravan - Wiper buttons blink, van stalls, runs after shutting off.

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2010, 07:08 PM
Micke Luna
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry 96 Grand Caravan - Wiper buttons blink, van stalls, runs after shutting off.

This is the oddest problem I've ever faced with any car in my whole life. The wiper control button lights began to blink out of the blue and along with that came spontaneous stalls. Then while trying to check out the problem, to no avail, I shut the van off and took the keys out and it kept running for a good amount of seconds before I pulled the battery cable (while the keys were in my pocket).

A few Dodge friends of mine told me to replace the steering column so I bought a brand new steering column and it didn't solve anything. Now I have two steering columns and a stalling van with blinking wiper lights that runs when there's no key in the ignition.

I exhausted myself looking for an answer.

Old 02-08-2010, 10:19 AM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

A low battery will cause this problem. or maybe you have voltage some where it shouldn't.

Quick Reply: 96 Grand Caravan - Wiper buttons blink, van stalls, runs after shutting off.