Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

installing aftermarket stereo = wrong connector?

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2010, 05:44 PM
daveymac
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default installing aftermarket stereo = wrong connector?

Hey Everyone!

I am new to the forums - although I have been reading for a day or two.

We have a Pioneer DEH-1900MP cd/mp3 stereo that we had in our 2000 Dodge Neon. We just got a 2004 dodge caravan so I wanted to put the Pioneer in the newer vehicle.

I successfully got the dash piece off to so that I could remove the factory stereo in the Caravan. Once I got the main connection off, I found out that it doesn't FIT the Pioneer. The Pioneer female connection is alot smaller than the male connector piece on the caravan! I thought all of these things were compatible with each other.

Anybody have any insight to this? I have zero experience with aftermarket stereo's. I installed this Pioneer on our 2000 Neon with zero problems, yet the cable on the caravan is bigger than the connection on the Pioneer.

Any help would be appreciated!

Old 04-02-2010, 10:19 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 94 Likes on 79 Posts

Welcome to DF
I had both of my cars, stereo's done by best buy. Yes i could have done myself,but if i burn something up. The wife would have killed me. i ended up paying 75.00 for install plus connectors. This way if they messed the stereo system up, its on them.

Old 04-03-2010, 09:00 AM
Tizzy1
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

They changed the radio connectors from 2000 to 2004. Probably just need to pick up a new harness addapter kit and you'll be fine.

Quick Reply: installing aftermarket stereo = wrong connector?