Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

sunroof leak one reason

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2010, 07:02 PM
trophyslayer
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default sunroof leak one reason

2006 Dodge Grand Caravan sxt v6 3.8l

I noticed a few times in the past before I got my garage cleaned out from the move that I would get into my van and I would get water dripping out of my sun visors

it only happens when I back down my driveway,

the reason is my house is at the bottom of a fairly steep hill, and the drain holes for water in the sunroof are at the front of the sunroof

so by backing down the driveway with the front of the van facing up the hill and the sloop of my drive way is enough that the water pools in the back metal channel of the sunroof and fills over the back edge before the water is deep enough to reach and drain out of the up hill drain holes

so as long as the seals is not leaking and the 2 drain holes at the front are not clogged, then make sure when parking the van that it faces down hill if parking on a hill, and it will save a few drips,

not a big deal but something I figured out before

Old 04-07-2010, 10:08 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 94 Likes on 79 Posts

You may need to ck the seal around the sunroof glass and ck all the drains too, you have 4 of them.

Quick Reply: sunroof leak one reason