Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Brake problems

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2010, 10:56 PM
Bluetimes
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake problems

I am having alot of problems with my car. I recently went to a dealership and got new brake pads since I was told that they were somewhat worn out. After this many problems started. First the car would not start. It would start in the morning but then later on it would not want to after repeated tries. Another problem that came with the car not wanting to start was the fact that the everytime I press on the brakes they tremble. I can actually feel them trembling under my foot. I went to the dealership and was told it was sensors. That fixed the car not wanting to start but not the trembling. Now the malfunction light turned on and the rear brake lights won't turn off. I think they somehow messed up on something when they changed the brake pads the first time I went. I don't know what to do. I have complained and I don't want to keep giving them money while they just say more things that need fixing when there is a possibility that it was their error in the first place. What problem is this car having?

Also, is there a way I can turn off the battery so it won't drain because of these lights not wanting to turn off?

Old 04-27-2010, 11:16 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

Did you have this problem with the brake before the dealer replace the brake? The brake wouldn't cause a problem with starting system. Why didn't dealer tell you about the sensors before you picked up the van? Take the neg or pos cable off the battery.

Old 04-27-2010, 11:25 PM
Bluetimes
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by master tech
Did you have this problem with the brake before the dealer replace the brake? The brake wouldn't cause a problem with starting system. Why didn't dealer tell you about the sensors before you picked up the van? Take the neg or pos cable off the battery.
No I did not have that problem before then. The problem I went with was squeaking brakes. The car not wanting to start (and the trembling) happened after they replaced them.

Quick Reply: Brake problems