Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

How do I remove passenger power window mount?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2010, 10:19 PM
dakiddy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do I remove passenger power window mount?

Hi, I recently got a 97 Caravan Sport, so today I was about to leave and its hot weather so I put the windows down as usual, but like the passenger window went down.

Then I saw like the cable like come out top from underneath so I tried to make the window go up, and it does not go up anymore it only goes down, so I took the whole thing apart and I want to replace the whole system because I have a spare door but I am stuck because I cannot take the screws out from the mount thing cause there is this rubber thing and when I turn the screw the whole screw turns... to make it easier to understand I took pics:

so my question is, how do I take the screws out? and or any solutions on how to transfer the stuff from the working door to my current one?

Old 05-14-2010, 11:52 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 93 Likes on 79 Posts

You need to put a visegrip on the nut side and hold. Then remove the srcews. You will need to replace the screws, part number is 4796315ab and nuts 4796314, You'll need 3 of each.

Old 05-15-2010, 09:09 AM
dakiddy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks, I was thinking the same thing, but mines are rusted! Thanks for the part numbers!

Quick Reply: How do I remove passenger power window mount?