Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2001 Dodge Caravan 2.2 LTR missing

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2010, 09:50 AM
fishfinder6
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 Dodge Caravan 2.2 LTR missing

I have a 2.2 ltr of my moms that the motor started missing on a road trip!
Had a shop install timing belt and water pump and then they said the motor had a bent valve.Brought it home and found good compression 150lbs,but missing on two cylinders at coil!
Installed new coil and a camshaft sensor but no spark in two cylinders. still missing at coil!
HELP!!!

Old 05-22-2010, 02:08 PM
Tizzy1
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

It's a 2.4 liter and I'm sure I've covered this a thousand times in other threads but here we go. There are 3 wires going to the coil, one wire comes from the ASD relay and supplies power to the coil pack. There should be power there for 2 seconds at key on and while cranking. No power while cranking means the PCM doesn't see a cam and crank input. The other 2 wires are the wires that the PCM grounds to fire the coil packs. You should be able to unplug the connector, probe the 2 cavities of the connector with a test light connected to battery positive. Crank the engine and the test light should flash. If the light is on steady for either wire, the driver is blown and you need a new PCM. Give it a shot and let us know what you find.

Quick Reply: 2001 Dodge Caravan 2.2 LTR missing