Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2008 G Caravan vibrating & rattling

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2010, 11:22 PM
M Laborde
Rookie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2008 G Caravan vibrating & rattling

We bought our 2008 Grand Caravan in December 2008 with 45k miles. It has 54k now. We are mostly happy but things could be better.

My main concern is that when the engine is cranked cold, there is a horrible rattling & vibrating until it warms up. It's loud. I can't exactly pinpoint where the rattling is coming from under the hood. It has been doing this since purchase.

Also, the remote entry keys do not work. One was original with the van and the other was purchased later from the dealer. Even with new batteries they only lock/unlock the doors once in a blue moon.

I've read that the 2005 had some keyless entry problems, but not the 2008.

Any ideas on these (1st) 2 issues with the van.

Old 05-23-2010, 06:44 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 96 Likes on 81 Posts

Do you know if the H30 recall has been done, for the ignition keys to be replace and programed? What size motor do you have? If you don't know if the recall has been done send me a pm with the last 9 of the vin and i will be able to let you know.

Old 05-24-2010, 01:44 AM
M Laborde
Rookie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by master tech
Do you know if the H30 recall has been done, for the ignition keys to be replace and programed? What size motor do you have? If you don't know if the recall has been done send me a pm with the last 9 of the vin and i will be able to let you know.
I do not know. I will PM you ASAP. Thanks!

Quick Reply: 2008 G Caravan vibrating & rattling