Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

A few codes just popped up, now what?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 03:56 PM
thaddy1978
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A few codes just popped up, now what?

p0123 tps tps sensor volt high
p0508 iac valve sense circuit low
p1486 evap leak pinched hose found
p1193 Manufacturer Control Fuel Air Metering

I recently took off the intake plenum to make it easier to replace valve cover gaskets. I unplugged a bunch of stuff, but plugged everything back in. Everything seems to run smoothly, despite the codes. Any help would be greatly appreciated. And for the pinched hose, where do I start?

Old 06-25-2010, 05:05 PM
Tizzy1
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

year? engine?

Old 06-26-2010, 12:02 AM
thaddy1978
Rookie

Originally Posted by Tizzy1
year? engine?

Duh, sorry. I meant to put that info and didn't.

Its an 01 G C Sport. 3.3 Flex

Old 06-26-2010, 10:59 AM
Tizzy1
Champion

Alot of those codes probably were set when you pulled the intake. You should clear them out and see if any of them come back.

When Monitored and Set Condition:
P1486-EVAP LEAK MONITOR PINCHED HOSE FOUND
When Monitored: Immediately after a cold start, with battery/ambient temperature
between 40 deg. F and 90 deg. F and coolant temperature within 10 deg. F of battery/
ambient.
Set Condition: LDP test must pass first. If the PCM suspects a pinched hose it will not set
a fault until it runs the evap purge flow monitor. If the purge monitor does not pass then the pinched hose fault will be set.

Old 06-26-2010, 11:28 PM
thaddy1978
Rookie

Alot of those codes probably were set when you pulled the intake. You should clear them out and see if any of them come back.

When Monitored and Set Condition:
P1486-EVAP LEAK MONITOR PINCHED HOSE FOUND
When Monitored: Immediately after a cold start, with battery/ambient temperature
between 40 deg. F and 90 deg. F and coolant temperature within 10 deg. F of battery/
ambient.
Set Condition: LDP test must pass first. If the PCM suspects a pinched hose it will not set
a fault until it runs the evap purge flow monitor. If the purge monitor does not pass then the pinched hose fault will be set.
Where exactly do I look for a pinched hose(Code 1486)? This code has been on for a long time before I took the intake plenum off. I haven't noticed anything (hose) that looked abnormal, pinched, cut, etc.

As far as the other codes, I will take the battery cable off and reset the codes that way...but then again, like I said, the 1486 code has been off and on since we've owned the van (for about two years). I could reset and then the check engine light show up again and be for the 1486 or one of those others mentioned.

Old 06-28-2010, 09:12 AM
Tizzy1
Champion

It basically doesn't pass the purge monitor. So when the PCM actuates the purge system, it doesn't see any change in the O2 sensor operation. It should get richer when the purge is actuated so it thinks a hose is plugged. Anything mechanical that would keep the purge from flowing would cause the code.

Old 06-28-2010, 09:51 PM
thaddy1978
Rookie

It basically doesn't pass the purge monitor. So when the PCM actuates the purge system, it doesn't see any change in the O2 sensor operation. It should get richer when the purge is actuated so it thinks a hose is plugged. Anything mechanical that would keep the purge from flowing would cause the code.
Tizzy, thanks so much for your help. I disconnected the battery and the codes went away and haven't come back. Have do have a feeling though...because it has happened almost since we've had the van (almost two years). Where do I need to look for a pinched line on the thing? I have looked all over and can't seem to find anything abnormal. What hose should I look for? Any help on this one would be great!!!!

Quick Reply: A few codes just popped up, now what?