Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

91 Caravan 3.3 liter wiring diagram

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2010, 10:05 AM
BlackDawg
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 91 Caravan 3.3 liter wiring diagram

Does anyone know where I can get a copy of this wiring diagram? I am having electrical problems associated with the cooling fan. Seems when the fan comes on it draws too much power and is burning out the fan moter. I got a replacement fan assembly and when it quit working (worked once then quit) I got a warrenty replacement on it and now the same thing happened on the replacement. I am suspecting possibly a problem with the fan relay and or with the voltage regulator. I am needing the wiring diagram to isolate the problem area.

Old 07-26-2010, 11:53 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 96 Likes on 81 Posts

Welcome to DF
I may have an old book laying around,but i would need to ck.If i do, i will have to copy it to and send as a email. Keep looking on the forum and i may have an anwser on tuesday nite.

Old 07-29-2010, 08:43 AM
BlackDawg

Well I take it you were not able to find this manuel with the wiring diagrams. I may have found the information I need however from another source, it is just a crude diagram but may be sufficient.

Old 07-29-2010, 08:45 AM
sapporo
Banned

contact Tizzy, I'm surprized he didn't jump on with his access to factory diagrams he always posts.

Old 08-03-2010, 01:54 PM
BlackDawg

Well I have finally resolved the issue. The problem with the fan working for a short time then burning up was due to a manufacturing defect in the after market fan assemblies. The plug connector on the new fans had the notched end reversed, when I hooked it up matching the notch on the fan assembly with the plug it was causing the fan to run in reverse. When driving down the highway with the fan in reverse it created drag on the moter causing it to burn up. The company I got the fan assemblies from has been notified of this problem and they have got the company to do a factory recall on the fan assemblies.

Quick Reply: 91 Caravan 3.3 liter wiring diagram